Firing my best man for wedding

Actually is the bachelor party even necessary? Can't you just go out the night before the wedding to have some drinks (since your friends have to travel to your wedding anyway)?

My daughter, in her late 20's, has had to decline participation in the weddings of good friends due to the financial issues involved. A young person can only afford so many "bachelorette weekends", destination weddings, gifts, bridesmaid dresses, spa days, etc., can easily top $1K each time.

Seems to have gotten out of hand...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 3

I think your friend is probably a crappy friend, but you're also being kind of ridiculous.

If someone doesn't want to go to your bachelor party, why would you call them up and guilt them into going? Do you WANT to have a good time at this party? If so, you should be aware that having even a single guest there who is only there out of obligation will just bring the whole mood down and make it really hard to have a good time. Bad move, you.

So you made someone other than your best friend the best man, because your best friend is a bad planner. Well, than was another bad move. Q is obviously a pretty poor planner himself anyway. You should've made your best friend the best man, and just helped out a lot with the planning. And who says he HAS to give a speech?

It seems like this whole situation is the result of bad choices on your part. Q being a crappy friend is really just a side point. I'm not sure how you should handle this, but maybe start with politely asking Q if he'd rather opt out of the party and just come as a regular guest, as others have said. Then make your best friend your best man, and plan the thing with him. Get a rough idea of how much everyone can spend and go from there. It's okay if you have a big hand in planning the bachelor party. It's not like these rules are set in stone.