Do I have a right here? (short question)

WhereSpiritsRoam

Originally posted by WhereSpiritsRoam

She is harboring a lot of regret for doing something so out of her character. So I suppose that is good news.

Sounds like new issues she has to deal with.

• Author
WhereSpiritsRoam
Originally posted by d'Arthez

Sounds like new issues she has to deal with.

How do you mean? Apparently she did the FWB thing because she was lonely and confused. After a short while, she realized it was a mistake. I certainly can't fault her for that. The only problem is, as one would expect, the guy became attached to her, but now that's her job to rectify that.

Hey all - I like someone who currently has a FWB relationship going on with someone else right now. Do I have any right to politely ask her to refrain from doing that stuff until she makes a decision on whether or not she wants to date me? I know we technically aren't going out, but I think it would be respectful if she held off on the fooling around until I got an answer either way, ya know? I would do that for her so I could gain a clearer perspective on what I wanted to do.

You have a right to ask for whatever you want. Doesn't mean you'll get it, even if she agrees not to fool around. You cannot cite to some "right" to keep her from fooling around though.

Second, in my humble experience, I am not sure that I would go looking for any kind of exclusivity, or depending on it if it is offered up, from a girl who is liberal enough to be a F-buddy. You're just asking for trouble

How do you mean? Apparently she did the FWB thing because she was lonely and confused. After a short while, she realized it was a mistake. I certainly can't fault her for that. The only problem is, as one would expect, the guy became attached to her, but now that's her job to rectify that.

She was confused. It does not stop suddenly. ****ing someone does not mean the end of the confusion. Part of the confusion may have been solved now, but that is it.

Now the guy is attached to her - it may create all kinds of issues. She might discover that she has feelings for him, or he might turn into a stalker - until she solves the problems.

And of course she has to recover from engaging in behavior that is completely out of character. That is not as easy as many people want to believe though. And if you would become more serious with her, it might have some repercussions on your relationship (and sex-life) as a result of that.

I have to go with alpha on this. When a woman is banging someone, chances are she's not going to suddenly turn her head to you. If YOU were banging her too, then I could see it. But some other guy is getting the goods while you're out in the cold?