And it all came crashing down

He is mentally sick and needs professional help. You can't do anything and it has nothing to do with you.

It will probably take him a lifetime to give up at your and your children's cost.Its not in his control and he can be as sorry as he wants but it won't change your lives.

Bail out.

• Author
greyseason

Okay. This is very helpful feedback. I'm so sad. I need to learn how to not let my emotions guide my life and my decisions. I need to use more logic lol.

I had him move out 3 weeks ago. Since then, he has spiraled and has had more sex etc, than ever. He blames me. He said my kicking him out is rejection and if he's truly sick with an addiction I shouldn't abandon him. He said he needs help, not kicked out. How do I respond to this?

His reaction is predictable. He is not accepting responsibility for his behavior and blame shifting. He's attempting to use your love and affection for him in a very manipulative manner, to ease the anxiety and pain that he is feeling now that he is suffering the consequences of his actions.

I would tell him that he has had plenty of time and many opportunities to seek help prior to this date, and he has failed to take this seriously and put an end to his behavior. This is the now the consequence for his poor decision making and his failure to deal with the situation and get the help he needs.

Be firm, but loving. You support him in seeking treatment for his addiction but you will not continue to enable or support his behavior. You will only consider discussion of reconciliation when he is able to prove to you for a considerable period of time that he will not engage in this kind of behavior anymore or put your health at risk again.

Be strong. This problem was created by him, and it can only be solved, by him. You are not responsible for his behavior, nor are you responsible for his recovery. You should perhaps consider counselling or attend an Al-Anon meeting - it's obviously different, but the discussion about accepting responsibility for the addiction and enabling behaviors of loved ones may be very helpful.

Edited by BaileyB
  • Like 1
I had him move out 3 weeks ago. Since then, he has spiraled and has had more sex etc, than ever. He blames me. He said my kicking him out is rejection and if he's truly sick with an addiction I shouldn't abandon him. He said he needs help, not kicked out. How do I respond to this?

greyseason, go back and objectively read what you've written. Does it make sense to you? You're the reason he's acting out?

For every true sex addict, there's 10 narcissistic *holes with poor impulse control and a bottomless need for validation. And they're perfectly willing to manipulate you while they pursue it.

Be careful...

Mr. Lucky

Edited by Mr. Lucky
  • Like 2
greyseason, go back and objectively read what you've written. Does it make sense to you? You're the reason he's acting out?

For every true sex addict, there's 10 narcissistic *holes with poor impulse control and a bottomless need for validation. And they're perfectly willing to manipulate you while they pursue it.

Be careful...

Mr. Lucky

Absolutely. The word "addiction" is easily used to justify poor decision making and poor impulse control. It is one way to absolve the individual from accepting responsibility when they are faced with the consequences of their actions.

• Like 3

You laugh in his face and say 'nice try'.

• Like 3
It is one way to absolve the individual from accepting responsibility when they are faced with the consequences of their actions.

Amen.

Greyseason, if he really is an addict, he has no control over his compulsion.

So how does he propose to participate in a marriage with you :confused::confused::confused:???

Mr. Lucky

Okay. This is very helpful feedback. I'm so sad. I need to learn how to not let my emotions guide my life and my decisions. I need to use more logic lol.

This is not how rational people behave (your husband that is). Don't let him manipulate you with this kind of guilt nonsense.

flowergirl14

Is trust important to you? Could you EVER trust this man again knowing what you know now? Years of lies leading up to the discovery. More lies in the future.

HadMeOverABarrel
You're the reason he's acting out?

Be careful...

Mr. Lucky

^^^THIS is a truly brilliant statement!

HappyAgain2014

Be careful...

Mr. Lucky

Very true. Cheaters follow a pattern. If they can't get away with saying they were neglected, they move to having a sex addiction.

Basically anything that points to a lack of accountability is a red flag.