Mom

Lilyana76

You are on my heart and I continue to pray for you daily. Thank you for continuing to share your story. Your poignant and heartfelt words are gentle reminder to us all, to be more be loving and compassionate.

Take care my friend.

• Like 2

You are probably in a fog right now. Losing somebody you love is never easy and it's never the right time. You will have good days and bad days, but know your feelings are normal know matter what they are.

((hugs))

• Like 2
curiouslysearching
You are probably in a fog right now. Losing somebody you love is never easy and it's never the right time. You will have good days and bad days, but know your feelings are normal know matter what they are.

((hugs))

That is a very accurate description "a fog"....please let us know how

you are doing Lily. I am praying for you and your family. Hold onto

the love and be thankful for the special relationship that you had.

• Like 2
  • Author

Friday April 21st, we laid my mom to rest. I had to watch my children hit the realization they would never see their grandma again. I keep telling myself to remain strong, for them, and for my dad.

Yesterday, Saturday, My dad, brother and I, filled out thank you cards for all the guests that came to her funeral and visitation. Then we went to my mom's storage locker that she has had for many years.

My mom never ceases to amaze me. She saved everything. Granted a lot of it was stuff we had to throw out (an old popcorn machine we had as kids? who saves that?? lol) But in her last few years, no matter how sick she was, she made time to go to her storage locker, and make photo albums. She made one for me, my whole life via photos, one for my brother, and one for each of my three children. She saved baptismal gowns, birth certificates, umbilical cords, even my original adoption papers (my dad adopted me, I was born in my mothers first marriage). She saved everything. So now we have my mothers memories of us to carry on.

What an amazing woman. I miss her strong quiet temperament. I miss her calming presence. I miss her laughter and her secrets she only shared with me.

I pray, I am half the strong and beautiful mother she was to my own children. I love you mom. I'll miss you every day for the rest of my life.

• Like 4
curiouslysearching

Well said Lily...you are stronger than you think that you are

Friday April 21st, we laid my mom to rest. I had to watch my children hit the realization they would never see their grandma again. I keep telling myself to remain strong, for them, and for my dad.

Yesterday, Saturday, My dad, brother and I, filled out thank you cards for all the guests that came to her funeral and visitation. Then we went to my mom's storage locker that she has had for many years.

My mom never ceases to amaze me. She saved everything. Granted a lot of it was stuff we had to throw out (an old popcorn machine we had as kids? who saves that?? lol) But in her last few years, no matter how sick she was, she made time to go to her storage locker, and make photo albums. She made one for me, my whole life via photos, one for my brother, and one for each of my three children. She saved baptismal gowns, birth certificates, umbilical cords, even my original adoption papers (my dad adopted me, I was born in my mothers first marriage). She saved everything. So now we have my mothers memories of us to carry on.

What an amazing woman. I miss her strong quiet temperament. I miss her calming presence. I miss her laughter and her secrets she only shared with me.

I pray, I am half the strong and beautiful mother she was to my own children. I love you mom. I'll miss you every day for the rest of my life.

• Like 3

I'm sure your mom is so proud of how strong you are being. I can tell she was an amazing woman just from your words and she raised an amazing daughter.

• Like 3
Heymialouise

Oh love,

I am so sorry for your loss. Our mothers are truly are first best friends in life! You can find peace in the assurance that she no longer has to fight so hard to live but instead rest peacefully. What a great last lesson she taught you in strength, patience, and endurance...keep that with you and long live her memory. I pray that you are given the time, space, and ability to grieve adequately, don't rush pass this time you get to spend with your dad and brother, consoling one another, and remembering your wonderful momma. Praying for your hearts!

With my deepest sentiments,

Mia

• Like 2
whichwayisup
Yesterday, Easter Sunday, I received a call at 6:30 in the morning from my Dad. I had plans to meet up with my Parents for the holiday, and hide eggs with them for all the little ones.

He told me he had just woke up, and my mom was gone. She wasn't breathing. She passed away in the night.

My mom had been fighting leukemia for the last two years. I watched her go from a healthy vibrant woman of 61, to a frail and fragile 63. She wasn't the same, but she was not going to give up. After two years, on December 13th 2016 she was told she was cancer free. The leukemia was in remission. We were so blessed!

But still, her body had become weak and fragile. After countless rounds of chemo, and 4 stem cell transplants, she could hardly walk anymore, and her heart had taken a licking. As well as her whole immune system. She still fought, in and out of the hospital, multiple calls to 911 when she felt something wasn't right. She fought so hard. And I am so proud of her.

She's gone. I still haven't really wrapped my head around it. Today I go with my dad and my brother to the funeral home and make arrangements.

I'm not ready to say good bye. She was my best friend. My mom. I love her and miss her already. Gone too soon at 63.

I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is really awful so my heart goes out to you.

• Like 1
  • Author
How are you doing today Lilyana?

Praying for you.

I'm ok thanks. I had a difficult moment yesterday, where something happened with one of my kids, and I went to call my mom for advice.... and it hit me I couldn't call her. I cried for about an hour. I seem to have more moments like that then an actual breakdown.

I have been going through a lot of my mom's things since she passed. Today I found a few of her old shirts that she wore all the time, they all say something about being worlds greatest grandma. I decided to take them and have some memory bears made out of those T-shirts for my kids. I also finally received an email from the funeral home with my mom's fingerprints. I'm going to have a necklace made for me and my daughter with her thumbprint in it.

I am making my way though all this. And guiding my kids in their grieving as well. I had a talk with my oldest the other day about how when we lose loved ones, they live on through us. We keep their memory alive by talking about them, telling stories about them, and sharing the things we loved about them. Having those little talks seem to help and remind me as well.

Thank you again everyone for your kindness and sympathies.

• Like 4

Lilyana, thank you for the update. The memory bears and necklaces sound like a wonderful idea. A treasure to remind you and your kids of your mom.

You are such a beautiful person. Thank you for sharing your story.

Hugs for you :love:

• Like 1