What do a man's shoes say about him?

actually, i do look at shoes. i will admit it. personally, i like "indie" guys so i'll go for guys with "cool" shoes (i feel like a 15 year old). I wouldn't reject a guy because of his shoes though. that's just plain rediculous.

most of them fall into category #1.

Only in your mind, I'm afraid.

black Gold Toe socks

Of course there appear to be some for whom the brand of socks is equally important! :laugh:

Originally posted by alphamale

could he walk upside down on the ceilings? :laugh:

Hmmm. Just had a flash of Nancy Sinatra and velcro boots.... :D

Originally posted by JS17

actually, i do look at shoes. i will admit it. personally, i like "indie" guys so i'll go for guys with "cool" shoes (i feel like a 15 year old). I wouldn't reject a guy because of his shoes though. that's just plain rediculous.

Reject? No. But he might become project material .... And sometimes you just don't need another project. Frankly, I spend more time noticing his eyes, his smile, his shoulders, and his butt. And maybe a few other things. ;)

It's a package deal, though. Shoes are only a small part of the whole package, and I take it all in during that first impression.

A Fly onThe Wall

What about a guys wallet ? I used to have this velcro wallet that my Step Daughter bought me for christmas because I'm an avid boater.

Every girl I had flipped when I pulled out my tatered velcro wallet to pay the check..every one remarked on it..I had the toughest time buying a new one.

Now I have a nice leather wallet

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

What really drives me nuts with guys and shoes, are the guys who buy one pair and wear those and only those until they wear out (like after 3 years), then they insist on buying the exact same pair cuz they were ohhh so comfortable and they won't even try any other kinds of shoes, and of course, the old ones are nowhere to be found so they keep wearing the old ones for another few years until the retro stores come out with their old style ten years later.

This doesn't stop with shoes....and yeah, I still date some of these guys once in a while.

Originally posted by MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

What really drives me nuts with guys and shoes, are the guys who buy one pair and wear those and only those until they wear out (like after 3 years), then they insist on buying the exact same pair cuz they were ohhh so comfortable and they won't even try any other kinds of shoes, and of course, the old ones are nowhere to be found so they keep wearing the old ones for another few years until the retro stores come out with their old style ten years later.

That's me... *cracking up*

What really drives me nuts with guys and shoes, are the guys who buy one pair and wear those and only those until they wear out (like after 3 years),

I've worked with women who wore the same pair of shoes every damn day for years....so it is not just a male phenomena :)

This doesn't stop with shoes....and yeah, I still date some of these guys once in a while.

A LOT of guys do this, it seems. Most of the guys I've dated only own like 4 or 5 pairs of shoes. And they wear one pair *most* of the time until they're just worn out. What's up with that?

Looking in my boyfriend's closet:

1 pr black Nikes

1 pr black dancing shoes (which he only wears maybe once every 6 weeks)

1 pr black wing tips (which he wears for business presentations)

1 pr grungie black Nikes (which he wears for camping trips twice a year)

1 pr house slippers (which he wears in the morning)

Guess what he wears like 97% of the time? Yep. The black Nikes. At least he wears clean socks and takes care of his feet....

I've worked with women who wore the same pair of shoes every damn day for years....so it is not just a male phenomena :)

Did you check under their skirt?

Originally posted by centered

Looking in my boyfriend's closet:

1 pr black Nikes

1 pr black dancing shoes (which he only wears maybe once every 6 weeks)

1 pr black wing tips (which he wears for business presentations)

1 pr grungie black Nikes (which he wears for camping trips twice a year)

1 pr house slippers (which he wears in the morning)

Guess what he wears like 97% of the time? Yep. The black Nikes. At least he wears clean socks and takes care of his feet....

well atleast you dating a real man CENTERED and not a fag :)

your respect for him would probably go down if he owned more shoes than you do!

there are a few material things women notice about a man upon first introductions:

shoes

clothes

watch

this is a fact of life.

I notice none of the above, except if he's clean. I've never been in love with a guy who owned a watch worth more than $50. The shoes they wore were workboots, biker boots, or sneakers, the clothes consisted of jeans and t-shirts with the occasional ability to dress up for a wedding.

Material things don't impress me. I've had many men try to throw their wealth at me and I found it to be a turn off.

So is there something wrong with me Alpha? :cool:

pearlsasinger

I went to buy a new pair of running shoes. I wanted a gray pair or something with not a lot of white so they wouldn't get (or at least look) dirty right away.

The shoe salesman tried to force me to buy an almost all white pair, arguing "Your shoes are the last thing a guy is going to look at!"

Wtf! I was kind of annoyed that he would assume that I would purchase my running shoes according to what I thought a guy would like! I get all sweaty at the gym so what would I care how I look when I work out anyhow?

Originally posted by Lonestar

So is there something wrong with me Alpha? :cool:

yes, youre not dating me! :)

well atleast you dating a real man CENTERED and not a fag :)

your respect for him would probably go down if he owned more shoes than you do!

Good point. :) I'd be very very worried if *any* man I dated owned more pairs of shoes than me! :)

Oh, yeah, he doesn't wear a watch, either. He owns an antique pocket watch, but never uses it. He says his mobile phone has a clock, so why should he carry more than that? My guy doesn't even carry a wallet -- just a money clip and a few cards. He prefers to travel light :) Must be nice! My purse must weight about 10 pounds!

whichwayisup

That made me laugh. My husband has an old pair of running shoes, totally falling apart. He loves them so much, he put duct tape on the toe end to keep it closed. WTF is that? Buy another damn pair! :laugh: He has this thing about duct tape and all it's uses!

Originally posted by whichwayisup

That made me laugh. My husband has an old pair of running shoes, totally falling apart. He loves them so much, he put duct tape on the toe end to keep it closed. WTF is that? Buy another damn pair! :laugh: He has this thing about duct tape and all it's uses!

Too funny! Every guy I've ever been with has made sure I knew the value of duct tape. So now I carry a roll in the trunk of my car, and I keep one by the dryer downstairs. Showing them my rolls of duct tape has gained me their admiration and respect :) Of course, the plastic wrap is still on both rolls.... :o

Originally posted by whichwayisup

It's strange, but once I find a pair of shoes I like, I'll wear them until the soles fall out. Nike had this brand of black canvas that they no longer sell... I bought them in '97, my senior year of college, and wore them every damn day for three years. Had I known they'd discontinue that style, I'd have bought three pairs. They were sooo comfortable and looked cool with shorts or jeans.

I wear Converse low-tops now, and Skechers... my shoe problems are solved until '07.

I also carry duct tape in my car.

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by westernxer

I also carry duct tape in my car.

All great guys do .. and a roll in the house and a roll at work

yes, youre not dating me! :)

Dude, you live in Michigan (I think), I'm near NY. I can't do LDRs. Not enough in person contact for all the sex I'd need. :laugh:

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

All great guys do .. and a roll in the house and a roll at work

I draw the line at duct tape in bed.... It's either too kinky, or too hard to get off the headboard!

whichwayisup
Originally posted by Lonestar

Dude, you live in Michigan (I think), I'm near NY. I can't do LDRs. Not enough in person contact for all the sex I'd need. :laugh:

Plus, from a sports kind of view - That's dangerous. :p

Yeah, hubby and his duct tape. I swear, he gets turned on by it! :laugh:

"When in doubt, use duct tape." No joke, this is a daily saying in my house. HA, and he thinks I'M the crazy one???

my dad taught me well. there is duct tape in every closet in my apartment. i teach my guys the value of duct tape and unfortunately not much else

johnnysparks

Hmmm, shoes, lol, I don't think that women often care about shoes (unless of course they are just ratty as hell) and I'm not going into my shoe collection because it's almost on par with some of my non-hetero friends. So when I go out sometimes I'm in an odd mood and wear some house slippers (this is usually a big hit for starting conversations, and no they're not bunny slippers, just a basic loafer style). Other times maybe the Doc's or some sweet sneaks. The biggest thing to remember is to make sure the shoes "work" with the outfit, like stated previously, no Air Jordans with a 3-Piece Suit kind of thing, lol