All of that above really seems like a lot like work

Haha! It is! :D

But sometimes it is well worth the effort! :bunny:

• Like 1
curiouslysearching
Haha! It is! :D

But sometimes it is well worth the effort! :bunny:

Well, I am happy you found someone you enjoy....Good for you

and you deserve that. I hope it continues to go great for you.

• Like 3
LookAtThisPOst
I recently just got out of a relationship where I was cheated on back in November, and have been tip toeing back into OLD. I'm finding lately guys who are using dating apps and are either married or dating. I'm really good at finding them on Facebook so this is how I find out this information.

I just don't get it. I understand if I find one but I've come across 3 guys. It just makes me sad and feeling a little hopeless. Where's the loyalty? Is it even there anymore within society or has social media screwed everything up so bad with giving us so many option that it's no longer reversible?

I think I may be overly sensitive due to the fact that I was cheated on. What are some other ways to meet nice guys?

Sigh.

Believe it or not, I've seen people join singles Meetup groups, they make the mistake of having their full name revealed, so when I look them up on FB, I would sometimes find out if they are married or engaged. (Recent one was engaged) She had a young child she pictures with her "fiance'"

I think people that are in failing relationships or marriages have already checked out mentally, and start preparing for a future partner before the break up occurs.

Of course, you may stand to risk that person reconciling. I think OLD is sometimes some kind of sanctuary for people dealing with troubled relationships, so they go online to find some kind of validation if their relationship is on the rocks.

I think this may explain ghostings or suddenly deleted profiles...which means they've gotten back together with an ex or kiss and made up if they got in a fight.

• Like 1
I tried Match, a paid subscription, and it still sucked. So no, I don't agree.

With match, you get what you pay for, ha ha... they're full of scammers and I won't use it.

• Like 1

There are modest differences between sites, but the free sites have more fakes, scammers, and users than the pay sites. Most people on the pay sites are also on one or more free sites, but the reverse isn't quite so true.

I had my best successes on match - it seemed like there was a small but significantly higher chance of finding someone real and sincere.

But yeah, every site has plenty of people already in a relationship. More men than women, but there are plenty of both. Some sites like OKCupid, cater somewhat to the open and polyamorous community, so there are more people there in relationships and legitimately seeking another as well, with their partner's knowledge and approval.