Unrequited Feelings

Aethelfled86
Not too sure if this is in the right category.

My platonic friend of many years has confessed that he's always been in love with me. I'm home sick from work and he wants to come by to care for me and call me baby.

The problem is that I don't remotely feel that way about him. I haven't developed the courage to tell him I don't see him in that manner. He was scared to tell me his feelings about me in fear that it'll ruin our friendship. Now I'm scared to tell him my feelings of not feeling romantically inclined toward him and having the disclosure ruin our friendship. He's a good person, safe. But I'm not physically attracted to him even if I were to get drunk.

I'm at a quandary and don't know what to do. My friend really has it bad for me. He has planned a whole list of romantic trips for us to take during the summer. How do I stop this from happening or reverse what is going on?

I know why this is happening. After recently being abandoned again. I felt unloved and rejected. I asked the Universe to send someone who can love me for me and not want to leave my side. BAM! After a day or two later my friend calls me to that he's been secretly in love with me for years.

Maybe next time I can for someone I can love and who loves me equally if not greater than I love them.

The sooner you tell him, the better it is.You not telling him and dragging it on will only make him think you feel the same way and the infatuation will become more and then when you do decide to tell him, It will more damage. After you tell him, take a break from him for at least one month or until he feels ready and makes the first contact and things between you will just fall back into a normal routine. You will not loose a friend with honesty. If you stay in contact with him after you've been honest with him, It will only make him think that there's always a chance that you might change your mind .

And with the break, It might give you a chance to reflect on things as well.

Be honest, it's always the way and doing without been afraid Of The consequences , It will be a lesson in life for both of you.

Stay strong and true to yourself and those close to you.

• Like 1
Sloppyseconds

You left it open with the word yet. People get their hopes up and are crushed harder that way because they are led to believe there's a hint of something. You do need to be 100% honest here and explain that friends is as far as it goes for you. Not every declaration of love is returned. That's just a fact of life. If people were just more direct and honest when it came to matters of the heart, the world would be an easier place. Explain things, and that you still wish to remain friends as is- but be prepared for that to not be his wish.