White lies

curiouslysearching
You wear 5 inch heels? That can't be comfortable.

I will say that women in heels or high heeled boots is extremely

sexy especially if they have attractive legs...

JuneJulySeptember
So during the time I've spent on OLD it's been a curious thing to me that I've seemed to see so many tall women. Compared to what is supposed to be the average of around 5'4", I'd say the rough average I see is around 5'7". Then today I came across my flatmates dating profile on POF and lo and behold she's listed at 5'7" - and she is never an inch over 5'5". Utterly bizarre.

I actually did notice that as well. I've been a little obsessed with height during my life, but I'm (thankfully) starting to drop it.

I think the height of older women, Asian women, and Latina women bring down that average height some, and I don't know how many of those there are in your demographic.

So, yeah, I don't know what demo you're going for, but amongst younger white/black women, average height is probably closer to 5'6", 5'7".

curiouslysearching

I do think that being short or tall is about perception and how

one sees themselves...in large part

• 3 weeks later...

What about black lies?! Black lies matter too! #BlackLiesMatter

In all seriousness, why even lie about your height? I mean think about it, the point of online dating is to meet up in person right? So if i'm 5 ft 3 and tell the ladies that i'm 5 ft 10, and then we meet up, they'll be like what the fu... Like the difference between 5 ft 3 and 5 ft 10 is pretty dang significant!

I would rather say i'm 5 ft 3 on my old profile to weed out the anti short chicks then tell people i'm 5 ft 10 and hope when i'm on the first date they won't care.

Edited by Dark Horse

The great thing about being a girl is that height doesn't seem to have as big of an influence on your attractiveness. If you're short, then you're considered petite and cute and many guys LOVE that!

Many guys like tall girls as well. Not to mention that men tend to be more relaxed with dating women who are taller than they are.

Short guys got the short end of the stick. Look on the bright side, what we lack in height we make up for in compensation. Compensation is a good thing, it means you want to improve your situation. Because short men are used to women passing them up, it means when they do get a chance, they're going to try harder to be a better boyfriend and better lover and better at things they CAN change.

Edited by Dark Horse

The best is when their profile pic is about 100lbs thinner than they are.

Hilarious!!!!

You have to laugh

Really??? I thought that was a guy thing. Haha. I'm 5'7"...5'10- 6' depending on heels I wear. Never got any complaints, but I'd love to be shorter. I think 5'4 or 5'5...that way I could wear taller heels and not be the same height or taller than most men

Nope, tall is good