Girlfriend humiliates me by publicly drooling for TV star

I'm not sure how anyone that views celebrity crushes as harmless feels that way. I suspect it's mostly shallow women that excuse their behavior while trouncing their man for similar behavior that feel this way.

I can just hear the gibberish about "we are human...even in a committed relationship, we can still look...that's harmless". And I am sure that anyone that feels differently will simply excuse my words as those from an insecure man and that's fine.

Just because we have arguably evolved more than other species it doesn't mean that the alpha rules no longer apply. Males and females are going to be protective of their relationships that they deem worthy and they will not give two ****s about ending one or simply not giving a crap in a relationship that is unfulfilling.

In the end OP has to decide what is best for him. I know how I would have already handled this issue if I were in his shoes. I would nuke that bridge into oblivion and not had a second thought about it.

Unfortunately, your relationship is more than likely over...or soon to be.

• Like 1

Yeah, the 5 day AWOL thing is more more concerning. IME the online/public humilation will continue, especially at her age. Not something you can just chalk up to immaturity. I think your thoughts of ending things is sound. You sound miserable, and some major red flags have come out before you have gotten in too deep (ie children, marriage) For that be thankful.

• Like 1
salparadise
Single guys do that kind of thing a fair bit, but guys who respect their gf would avoid that behaviour if they were smart and wanted to keep their gf. Same applies here. A single woman doing what the OP described would've been okay, one in a relationship, no.

Agree with this –– almost. I think it's worse. It's totally inappropriate for either gender to make a big public display of their sexual availability whether it be toward a celebrity, a hooter's girl, or just someone they find attractive. It's tasteless if the person is single, it's tasteless X 1000 if that person is in a relationship and does it such that it humiliates their partner. Posting a pic with a celeb and comment that he's cute is one thing, but fifty comments about her availability to 'eff the guy and all the acts she wants to perform on him... eweeeew! Not to mention shallowness, immaturity, lack of decorum and judgement.

It's not the same as other examples; each are different. Celebrity worship with overt sexual fawning and libidinous gestures is about as distasteful as it gets, particularly for a woman in a relationship. It would make me rethink the whole deal. Public humiliation is not something loving partners do to each other.

• Like 3

And exactly same goes for men doing public humiliation of their partners by ogling, looking up and down , salivating,flirting and using other women to make their partner jealous.

Try calling out such people on their behavior!

• Like 2

This thread isn't about men humiliating their girlfriends or wives by drooling for a TV star. It's about a specific member, apparently a man, and their relationship. Let's keep focused on that. Thanks!

• Like 2
Yeah, the 5 day AWOL thing is more more concerning. IME the online/public humilation will continue, especially at her age. Not something you can just chalk up to immaturity.

Maturity and biological age are unfortunately not always correlated in some people's cases.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Thank you for all the answers and good advice. I've decided to end my relationship with this woman.

I'm glad you dumped her... but interested who the celeb was and was it even worth it?