He's in in rebound, will I ever get him back?

mimikong

• Author
Why are you even talking to him after the way he has treated you?

He reached out to me. I was the one who created the distress and broke up with him. He was telling me " you know I'm not alone". I told him I can't be your friend and we should meet for any further communication. He's resisting to meet up.

If the one you love deeply reached out to you crying and you want him back wouldn't you speak and hear him out to evaluate the situation? This is what happened..

Being miserable, unhappy, unsettled, not over you, buckets of tears, etc. does not equal 'I want to get back together.'

The rebound offers some kind of comfort to him; he likely contacted you during a weak moment, as getting over someone is chock full of ups and downs. He knows it wasn't working with you, so having someone is better than being 'alone'.

You can choose not to pick up the phone when he calls, reply to texts, emails or anything else. No need to put the responsibility of laying this to rest on his shoulders. You can make that choice on your own.

If he was serious about reviving your relationship he would drop the rebound and meet up to have a legitimate discussion about how to work on things rather than call you in secret. Anything else is just pointless drama.

• Like 1

Ok so I just glanced at your other thread and I will say that he is right to steer clear of meeting up. You hurt him deeply; your bond is not all that strong or you wouldn't have dumped him for another man. He's healing in his own way and there is nothing you can or should do to try to lure him back. He knows he cannot trust your love. Maybe it's time for you to put this behind you.

• Author

Because I was a fool! I made a mistake and I'm living with the consequences of it every day.

Thank you for your advices