When a 'good catch' can't get a relationship?

blueberrymuffin

You see him with your platonic heart, over looking what would be a dealbreaker for others. He's over bearing, and that isn't tolerated by any potential GF. They don't see a guy with a big heart, they see someone that is a pompous $%^&.

Since you have been friends since you were 5, maybe it's time to have a talk about how he bulldozes the conversation. He may not realize he does it.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

There could be a number of things...

Maybe he is closet gay....Maybe he has a 2" dick...Who knows.??

But I also find what women see as "attractive" in men is so variable...Another woman might find him hideous...What guys find attractive in women is more straightforward..Nice body, full breasts, nice ass, slim...You know...

That being said, what Eternal S is saying is essentially true...

There are a variety of factors...I can't speak for women(they have their own challenges), but for guys who are desirable, there are several reasons they don't settle down..>When you know you can pretty much have any available woman out there, how do you really know which one is best for you?? Most average guys are lucky to find one or two in their entire lifetime's no matter how hard they look...

IME, there is another factor...Unlike most men, who would be thrilled to get as attractive a woman as they can, women really hate competition from other women...If they are with an attractive man that other women want, its a constant source of insecurity for many of these women...They may rather seek someone that isn't being eyed by every woman out there on the street.....It's just easier on the psyche..

Whether any of this applies to this guy is any guess...

TFY

The qualities being described as someone being a good catch, have nothing to do with being a good partner in a relationship. He might be a very attractive man, but a terrible partner in a relationship. Most people that want to be in a relationship are in a relationship.

• Like 1

All of the above are valid. I've dated women that seemed to be a good catch on the outside but were horrible at relationships for a variety of reasons. I've dated women who thought I was a good catch on the outside, but found some of my faults incompatible with them. There are a million and more different reasons why two "good catches" aren't right for each other. It's why we date ... to find someone who matches us and is right for us, no matter what type of "catch" we are.

• Like 3

Yes, guessing why is a total shot in the dark.

It's also something you and he shouldn't think too much about (unless you have some huge obvious flaw) and you both keep looking.

Two things from your post stuck out... 1) "he can dominate conversations" - most people that I know who dominate conversations are super hard to talk to and come across as arrogant. Maybe he comes across this way in relationships and thus the women think hes unbearable to date OR think he's not into them so slowly fade away after a bit. 2) "he meets girls on tinder" - isn't tinder predominantly a hook up app? He needs to get out and meet women in person as well and maybe he'll be able to find a quality woman who stays long-term.

Edited by Belle23
Cookiesandough

If he's confident, handsome, dashing, and brilliant, but keeps pulling chicks off of Tinder and being surprised they don't "stick"? Something's not right there. This would have a tad more believability if it was match.com or OkCupid or something

Edited by Cookiesandough