rotiserie chicken lame V-day dinner ?

Haha, this didn't t even begin to translate.

When I thought of chicken dumplings, I envisaged Chinese dim sum. And what are canned biscuits?

Mr Google sorted it out for me, but I do love how two cultures so similar can also be so far apart

HA! It was a typo, should have said chicken AND dumplings.

I love Dim Sum. My mother grew up on the edge of China Town in SF - she makes dumplings from scratch (grinds her own meats for them).

Dim Sum and coffee is my favorite breakfast :) (had that just this morning!)

For OUR V day dinner - I copped out with some pre-prepared things as well! Bought some premade flank steak / spinach / cheese pinwheels, made a cauliflower casserole and balsamic vegis for a side.

Typo! Ha, that makes so much more sense.

I too, am a sucker for a dim sum lunch or breakfast. With green tea and chili sauce for the dumplines. I'd love to learn to make my own.

We mostly don't bother with Valentines, but the traditional Indian restaurant at the top of our street was offering a degustation menu, so I booked us in. They lost our booking and we ended up eating at the local Thai instead. We've had other Valentines fails too - it's kind of a running joke for us now.

Haha, this didn't t even begin to translate.

When I thought of chicken dumplings, I envisaged Chinese dim sum. And what are canned biscuits?

Mr Google sorted it out for me, but I do love how two cultures so similar can also be so far apart

Yes, between the two, there have been many cookie and biscuit disasters! Not to mention confusion around what is "chips." Your chips are our fries. Our chips are crisps (a term we never use).

And then there is the word disaster to end all word disasters, one you use to describe a jerk that begins with a t, which here is an intimate body part and only a hillbilly would call it that, so no one uses it. It's quite harsh on our ear!