Thinking of asking a female coworker out...

• Author
VedderisBetter

Sorry not sorry to say but this chick is crazy. About a month ago, I tried adding her on Facebook and she didn't deny or accept. Now that she knows I'm into her, I happened to check her Facebook again and she changed it so people cannot add her as a friend, only message her. Why is she so damn weird about it?! I've pretty much just acted like I don't give a fu$% at work. I'm meeting new people through meetup.com this weekend so that's something I'm looking forward to.

Not that I should really want my coworkers on my Facebook but some guy I talk to at work has been there less than a year and he is Facebook friends with almost everyone we work with. I tried adding him too but he didn't accept it. Sounds like a clique to me but the people are nice in general. I'm still a temp so maybe I'm not cool enough until I'm permanent.

You are way too invested in, and spending way too time time and energy on, what is not now and never was a romantic relationship.

The first comment on your posting was sage advice never to date co-workers. You dismissed that. You shouldn't have. It's very good advice, for exactly the reasons given by the person who posted it.

Your mind and life are filled with drama about a relationship that never was. Just imagine what it would be like for you if you'd actually dated and once meant something to each other.

• Like 3
Sorry not sorry to say but this chick is crazy. About a month ago, I tried adding her on Facebook and she didn't deny or accept. Now that she knows I'm into her, I happened to check her Facebook again and she changed it so people cannot add her as a friend, only message her.

Uh...having had this done to me and then having my wife look at the same person's page...

I am guessing she simply said no to your friendship request and then clicked it so that YOU can no longer add her.

Sorry.

As for dating a coworker, I did it a few times many years ago, and tbh, there really are only a few ways it will end:

One, you marry her.

Two, you have a relationship and it ends amicably and you can still work together.

Three, your relationship ends badly. You have to work with each other.

Four, no matter how your relationship ends, one of you leaves the job.

Sadly, the most likely scenario is that it ends badly or you fight alot and carry your problems into work. Then someone is forced to leave or work awkwardly around the other.

Look for your partner elsewhere.

Sorry not sorry to say but this chick is crazy. About a month ago, I tried adding her on Facebook and she didn't deny or accept. Now that she knows I'm into her, I happened to check her Facebook again and she changed it so people cannot add her as a friend, only message her. Why is she so damn weird about it?! I've pretty much just acted like I don't give a fu$% at work. I'm meeting new people through meetup.com this weekend so that's something I'm looking forward to.

Not that I should really want my coworkers on my Facebook but some guy I talk to at work has been there less than a year and he is Facebook friends with almost everyone we work with. I tried adding him too but he didn't accept it. Sounds like a clique to me but the people are nice in general. I'm still a temp so maybe I'm not cool enough until I'm permanent.

This girl is taking up too much headspace. The thing is ,You mistook friendly conversation between co-workers for romantic interest,just like most people have already told you(which you keep Disregarding) This girl is clearly not interested in a personal relationship with you.

You need to move on and learn from this. "Do not to attempt to make romantic-connections or seek dates at the workplace in the future.see what happens? The very fact that you're still giving her any sort of attention in and out thoughts indicates that the problem is with you not her.You might want to focus on why you're still analyzing her behaviour when she made it clear that she isn't interested in you.Let it go

Edited by Mizz Layta
  • Like 2
  • Author
VedderisBetter

I liked her looks and that's it. That's not enough for a relationship anyways. She'd be too much work aka high maintenance. I think I'm too selfish to date someone. I don't think I like people enough to date one. I've been in a long term relationship but that was 3.5 years ago.

• Author
VedderisBetter

Ok my old supervisor ended up blocking me after I was in a bad mood (not from her) and blocked-deleted her from my Facebook. I guess I ticked her off or something so she reacted by blocking me. She probably thought I contacted her and friended her to try and get with her and that's it. I guess it's a good thing she blocked me so we keep our distance.

Edited by VedderisBetter

So, you got impulsive and blocked her, and are now wondering why she blocked you?

Again, too much headspace. Isn't the mind reading exhausting?