Dumped by my ex, why is she texting me, and trying to upset me?

Hi Bromeo, what makes you say that last line? The fact that I answered the phone to her mom?

I agree that cut and run may be my best option - with her mother involved I'm worried that sadly things could/will never ever work out. She is clearly very involved and controlling in my ex's life.

Lost, I am usually way more patient with advice-seekers on this forum. I try and take a neutral, balanced approach to each person's saga.

In this case, you are tolerating more than you should. Cut and run.

Taking a call from your exgfs mom was crazy. I acted completely out of control with my ex, and I wouldn't have done that.

Let her go, don't respond to anything else, don't take calls from her mom, attempt to date other people, and distance yourself from this drama.

• Author
lostboyfriend
Lost, I am usually way more patient with advice-seekers on this forum. I try and take a neutral, balanced approach to each person's saga.

In this case, you are tolerating more than you should. Cut and run.

Taking a call from your exgfs mom was crazy. I acted completely out of control with my ex, and I wouldn't have done that.

Let her go, don't respond to anything else, don't take calls from her mom, attempt to date other people, and distance yourself from this drama.

Thank you for all of your advice guys - means a lot !

This all is because your ex is 18, merely a child. That is why mommy called to fight her battles. You sre dealing with a kid and you can expect the behavior to be as such. I wouldn't bother with this girl, she is bad news, not good relationship material, not for at least another 7 years or so. Let her go do all the stupid crap most teenagers and early 20s ppl do and then when shes 25+ maybe you can reconnect and see if shes grown up. These high school sweethearts situations rarely ever work longterm. She's about to get to college age where she will want to experiment and find herself, as should you.

AND that mom sounds lime bad news too, and shes supporting and validating her ****ty daughter's ****ty behavior... there is no hope for that one. Let her be some other guy's problem and start searching for a real woman instead of a girl. Or at least one who doesnt sing her problems away on Facebook like an attention seeking baby.

Edited by jamili