Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

Just broke up with one after 5 months. She had an active plan to decide whether or not she wanted to move halfway across the world (which included a trip to that country in February) but wanted me to put my life on hold and commit to being in a relationship until she decided after the trip whether or not she wanted to move. 5/10 breakup. Doubtful we'll ever talk to each other again.

heavenonearth

7,5 months. it ended semi badly. he was nice about it but i kinda hated him for it. i was hurting for a month or two, gladly not too long, because i knew he'd come around. when he did, it was too late and i was in love with someone new.

so the breakup was more like a 3/10 severity wise.

A little while ago, was about 3 months but my first relationship. Was about 3/10 as I could see the signs in the final couple of weeks (she seemed less into me, dates became less regular, struggled to connect). Still hurt but once I was out I realised she was completely the wrong person for me.

6 months this time with a 24 year break in between when I had dated her for 9 months when I was 19. She was my first serious girlfriend and love. It ended with a 10, she left me for a guy who she knew in high school. She went from clingy, insecure and scared (which I loved, I loved all of her) after her second failed marriage to a cold coward who dumped me over the phone and gave me some absurd story as to why we broke up. I knew she was lying. I told her so, and eventually found out what I originally suspected....there was another guy.

I'm totally screwed up now lol, but such is life and I knew better but of course. I put her on a pedestal, I could tell I was a "rebound" and I never thought she would betray me...I burnt some bridges to protect myself and am moving halfway across the country. I went from ecstatic to miserable when I was totally blindsided.

It did wonders for my already bad trust issues, so 10. I lost someone I loved very much, and who had been a friend for 24 years. I should also mention I had just found out my father had cancer.

Edited by Giggles666

First relationship: Engaged and together for 4 years. She cheated on me and married a woman. Told me when I was in combat for a year. 10

Second relationship: She had a girlfriend on the side and asked my friends to gang bang her. Ended in a year. 8 because she was a sex addict and had sex with me 3 times a day doing anything, I mean anything, I asked of her.

Third relationship: Met on a train and 3 weeks later we were engaged and are still married for 45 years. She had a live in girlfriend that she shared with me.

I do not know why every relationship I had is with a bi woman who I did not know was bi when we started the relationship.

• Like 2

14 months. I rate it a 9. It was a FWB relationship. I loved him. I should not have let myself love him. He was just using me and it hurts like hell. I am 5 months no contact. I am taking it day by day. I really hope he meets someone like himself so he can grow up and be a real man instead of hurting people. I am too tenderhearted for my own good. I fell too fast and too hard for him. I found out he was a sex offender and that made me feel even more like an idiot. I will forgive him one day but I will never forget what he did and how he treated me.

• 1 month later...

Friends since childhood. Dated for 1.5 years and when it ended it was at least 9/10. Sometimes you just don't see it coming but people can change so much, you wonder if you ever really knew them at all.

• Like 1

I had some relationship during high school and but I will count the ones I feel was proper relationships.

1st relationship, 3 years during high school and university time, it ended becasue he fell for someone else. I was quite upset, but he also cheated on me so it was mostly anger. I met someone new 3 month after myself, So I would say a 6

2nd relationship, the one i met directly after my high school/uni relationship. It lasted 3 years as well. We kinda lost intrerest in each other and mutually parted ways so I would say a 2.

3rd relationship, this guy I met around 4 month after the previous one. It lasted 6 month. I moved abroad and he broke up with me through phone, I agreed this would be for the best as well so kinda mutual but he was the one who brought it up. I was sad and lonley in the new country so it hurt quite a lot, but mostly becasue everything was new and scary. So I would say a 6 in the beginning but mostly it was a 4. During this time I met an amazing guy in the new country that I just clicked with in every way, like no one else before.

Which leades my to my current situation. 4th relationship, lasted almost 3 years. It ended with me being dumped 3 weeks before our anniversary. I'm really hurt and heartbroken for the first time in my life. I would say this is defenitley a 10 or even more. Panic attack and anxiety. I'm madly in love with him and wanted to ask this guy for his hand, apparently he felt different as he ended it with saying "I haven't loved you for month and I'm unhappy being with you". I'm in my 3,5 weeks since he dumped me and I wish everyday that we will get back togheter.

• Author
I had some relationship during high school and but I will count the ones I feel was proper relationships.

1st relationship, 3 years during high school and university time, it ended becasue he fell for someone else. I was quite upset, but he also cheated on me so it was mostly anger. I met someone new 3 month after myself, So I would say a 6

2nd relationship, the one i met directly after my high school/uni relationship. It lasted 3 years as well. We kinda lost intrerest in each other and mutually parted ways so I would say a 2.

3rd relationship, this guy I met around 4 month after the previous one. It lasted 6 month. I moved abroad and he broke up with me through phone, I agreed this would be for the best as well so kinda mutual but he was the one who brought it up. I was sad and lonley in the new country so it hurt quite a lot, but mostly becasue everything was new and scary. So I would say a 6 in the beginning but mostly it was a 4. During this time I met an amazing guy in the new country that I just clicked with in every way, like no one else before.

Which leades my to my current situation. 4th relationship, lasted almost 3 years. It ended with me being dumped 3 weeks before our anniversary. I'm really hurt and heartbroken for the first time in my life. I would say this is defenitley a 10 or even more. Panic attack and anxiety. I'm madly in love with him and wanted to ask this guy for his hand, apparently he felt different as he ended it with saying "I haven't loved you for month and I'm unhappy being with you". I'm in my 3,5 weeks since he dumped me and I wish everyday that we will get back togheter.

Sorry about your situation :/

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Latest relationship: 18 months.

The breakup: 0

We hugged, had a glass of wine and watched a movie.

The following month : 25 after fighting for two weeks, we barely say hi to each other. I check up on him every morning (he’s diabetic and I make sure he isn’t crashing) and he asks me if I fed thefogs when he wakes up from his nap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

One last bump then I think I'm gonna let this topic die. Thanks for all your contributions. Learning a lot.

• 7 months later...

Noting very little interaction from the OP we'll close this one up to make way for those seeking advice.