I'm really struggling with NC (no communication)

Lostandconfused12

It sounds like she found interest in someone else. Don't bother. Stop obsessing. Find someone else, anyone to talk to, and you'll feel the same. Put it in your head that she's seeing someone else. Because 99% of the time, it's true. I know you won't believe me but trust me, if it was bothering them that much not being with them, they would be with you.

• Like 1

You need to treat this like you are an addict and you are trying to get clean and sober. Getting over a relationship is EXACTLY like an addict getting clean and you are experiencing the SAME withdrawl symptoms as an addict. Can't eat, can't sleep, losing weight, the drug is CONSTANTLY on your mind and you're looking for any excuse it get one more fix. "Oh, look! She left an ABBA concert on VHS tape at my place! This might be important to her! I need to contact her and find out what she wants me to do with it!" Then, you break NC and you feel good for a little bit, but that lasts only a short time and you feel horrible again.

You need to stay NC dude. You need to break the addiction. If you feel like breaking NC, take a step back, take a deep breath and post here. Someone is always going to be here to walk you through this. And just like any addict, you just need to get through today.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Getting better slowly (huge emphasis on slowly).. I am primarily focusing on the facts that she always ran from conflict and couldn't communicate effectively enough to move through challenges within the relationship. Also the fact that she is very heavily influenced by her negative peers, she always had an extreamly hard time making decisions for herself because she would be peer pressured into any given situation due to guilt tripping.

The more I realize this the more I realize that I need someone who stands there ground/knows what they want no matter what, also someone who can get through a few speed bumps as every relationship has them.