A question for the ladies about MEN's weight

She said she's a UK6... That's a US size 2. That seems small to me.

A woman of 128lbs or nine stone 2lbs as those of us in UK call it, she'd struggle with a size 6 UK.

My mum wears an 8UK, US size 4 and she is 7st7lbs.

But then again sizes have got bigger these days too to take into account how much fatter people are. Marilyn Monroe was a UK 16 and she would probably wear a 10 UK now.

• Like 1
kiss_andmakeup

So OP, doing the math, I am ascertaining that you weigh less than 140lbs? While I agree that sadly obesity has reached epidemic proportions, I also feel that unless you are particularly short, 140 is rather light for a man. Do you have any desire to build healthy weight (muscle)? If not, there's nothing wrong with that, but I think you'll need to re-think this "theory."

At 5'8" and 120lbs I have an underweight BMI but I still fall out of your "parameters." By this measure your logic seems flawed to me. I think you are a little bit too hung up on this imagined desirable ratio. A woman who cares that much about dating a bigger guy is probably not going to be interested in you - rather, she will be interested in the tall, bulky gym rat.

My husband is a lot bigger than me at 6'4" and 195lbs, but I have dated men significantly shorter and/or lighter. You are thinking about this way more than I, even as a single woman, ever have.

• Like 2

This thread is kind of ridiculous.

I'm 5'8 and 155 pounds-- solidly in shape. I work out 5 times a week and eat well. I'm a US size 4. Weight literally means nothing. My frame could never support being 95 pounds-125 pounds. I would be unhealthy.

I've never known the weight of anybody I've ever dated nor have I cared.

• Like 1

I could care less what a woman thinks about my body. who cares? who are they? The end all be all to determine what you should look like or for them to accept you?

I body build. But I don't step on stage. That means, I don't care about being ripped, vascular, or have a six pack. If I was doing this for women, yea, Id get a little muscle, stay tight,lean, six pack and thats it. Not hard to do and easy to maintain. women have no idea what big is. They see a guy who is a little lean little muscular and there like OMG hes big!!

I'm 5'9 230lbs. I used to be 250lbs when I was training very very hard and I outgrew my clothes, I couldn't wear a suite, shopping for clothes was a disaster. so I lost 20lbs of muscle mass bc of life. **** happens.

I went to italy 3 years ago weighing 235lbs. The people in italy looked at me like I was an alien. especially in small towns. In america, nobody pays attention. In italy, I couldnt even get a girls number. They looked at me with disgust bc I was very very muscular and big. Did I care? Hell no. I was happy. It means I accomplished what I wanted to do.

My point is, I dont care one bit what women think of my body.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

So basically, you're telling us that you don't date...

I am a single 26-year-old Canadian male.

According to at least two online sources, the average Canadian adult female weighs 153 pounds - the average U.S. adult female, ten pounds more.

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.

This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

• 2 weeks later...
normal person

This means that the average woman in this country would need to lose something in the neighbourhood of 25% of her weight in order to fit into that window.

Question: if you can afford to be this picky, would you even date the "average" woman to begin with, and if not, what's the problem? The odds are you probably only like 3% of women out there anyways. The crossover section between that 3% you like and the 25% who need to lose weight to fit your parameter is probably insignificant. I don't think there's any problem for you. If you can afford this degree of selectivity, then you don't need to concern yourself with everyone else who doesn't fit your criteria.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Cookiesandough
On this thread, you can finally stop thinking about your own weight and focus on men's weight! (At least, for the most part)

For some time, I have believed that the ideal weight for a woman should be 2/3 to 3/4 of her man's weight. So, that puts the ideal mate for me within a window of 99 to 110 pounds. If I'm very generous, I can widen that from 95 to 115 pounds.

Dafuq? lol

If you reaaaaalllly feel that way, what's stopping you from hitting the gym and putting on 20lbs of muscle? ;) Wouldn't that solve your 'problem' all around?

• Like 1

Back when this was posted I self-reported it to moderation as a potential troll but no one acted on it and the starter disappeared after a few days so my apologies for letting this linger, thanks for the responses and I'll close this up.