Need some advice please?

Originally posted by whichwayisup

Because he wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

Exactly. His request was nothing more than that of fear of loosing his "cake". His wife is due in 1 month and he knows his time with you will be limited once that baby comes out, how could it not. He knows while he must stay at home and play house and new daddy (as he should) that you are not under these same limitations and will be free for some prince charming to come along and offer what he can not. His request was him just trying to keep you from seeing those prince charming when they come along.

I think you are doing the right thing and going in the right direction. Hang in there.

Originally posted by RecordProducer

If he knows that then why did he request from you to be faithful to him?

Hopefully you're not going to join the club of OW who desperately wait for their MM to leave their families.

SilentLucidity: They are not reading the entire post. So far in all of these forums, you seem to be the one who has assessed the whole situation. You have foreseen the outcome and are smart enough to end the contact. As I said for before: JOB WELL DONE and GOOD FOR YOU!

• Author
SilentLucidity

It was and is absolutely hard for me to go NC, you have no idea how I just want to rationalize it and move forward, but then that sinking creeping thought comes in "He is married and she is pregnant, what a pig he is, but you went for it too and should feel equally as bad", and you know what, I do! I'm not innocent here by any means. He lied to me a lot too. He told me that they were having tons of marital problems and he was on his way out and that they didn't sleep in the same bed and he even made it plausible because he kept calling me with her sitting right there, though he would never say my name. I told him he was nuts. He would even send me their emails back and forth where she would constantly gripe at him and tell him that he is no good, which by the way I see this. I mean he isn't entirely bad, he does have some very good traits about him. But seriously in the end it is too risky for me and it is also my heart. So I'm NC and intend to stay that way. Too many other good men out here. :)