Will i meet a man that looks past my flaw?

littlebee123

There are tramp stamps on men too. Take a police officer in summer uniform and tats on his arms. It immediately decreases the publics perception of his trustworthiness.

Arm tattoos are not tramp stamps. Millions of people have tattoos and for you to say that having a tattoo detracts from a person's trustworthiness says more about you than it does the person with the tattoo. It makes you sound bigoted and ignorant.

• Like 1

Untrustworthiness and tattoos are seen by some to be linked, as prior to the recent resurgence in tattooing, tattoos were a feature of the criminal classes with >90% of prisoners having tattoos.

The poor, criminals, and sailors had tattoos, so whilst tattoos are now considered mainstream in some groups, in other groups the previous associations as regards tattoos linger on.

Some people love them and cannot get enough of them, others hate them.

If the OP hates her tattoo as it reminds her of bad memories then she needs to get rid of it. It doesn't really matter how many guys may think it is great, she hates it and is ashamed of it, so she needs to get it removed.

As it is having a psychological effect on the OP, then I doubt merely covering it up with another tattoo, or turning it into something else will work.

This is 100% YOUR hang up and issue. Don't burden other people with your baggage.

90% of normal, average men are excited when a woman even notices them and talks to them nicely.

Tattoos are a normal part of the landscape today and most guys will find it amusing if not actually attractive and desirable.

I feel completely safe in assuring you there is not one single, living, breathing American male in your age range that will have one single iota of issue with it.

However if YOU keep ruminating and obsessing over it and bitching about it and refuse to get undresses and have a healthy intimate and sex life with them because of it - then they will have an issue.

But that issue will be with YOU and not with the tattoo itself.

Tattoos are not problematic or deal breakers - but bat-$h1t-crazy b!t(hes are.

thefooloftheyear
There are tramp stamps on men too. Take a police officer in summer uniform and tats on his arms. It immediately decreases the publics perception of his trustworthiness.

Ridiculous....

There are people that get tattoos to hide disfigurement(birth marks, scars, etc)...While "the public" never gets to know this, its actually dramatically enhanced that person's life...

I mean, what if a guy said that any woman that gets a boob job is a tramp or an attention whore??

It would be equally ridiculous..

I have several tattoos, and got them before everyone and their brother ....They just are who I am..My mom isn't too crazy about it, but never had anyone judge me negatively that I am aware of..And I have been running a successful business, dealing with the public, bankers, etc..

TFY

As a guy who doesn't really like tattoos, one on your calf wouldn't bother me. Don't worry, it's not a big deal. And if someone would reject you just because of your tattoo, you'd probably be dodging a bullet anyway