Girlfriend hid our relationship and flirted with others. Now she makes it visible.

• Author

Heres an update:

I said a couple of weeks ago how she suddenly deleted the random local guys she added and was flirting with, and then made our relationship status visible. Now it seems like she's taking bigger strides towards showing me off-- she's uploading pics of us and pics with our kids. She even posted some pics of us kissing. Im not even sure she's ever uploaded kissy pics with exes before. Ill be honest, when I used to see girls doing that I would think "damn, these girls must be pretty insecure in their relationships."

On one hand, it makes me feel good and valued. On the other hand, it makes me a bit wary that she's almost trying to prove something to her friends/family now by showing me off like this...almost like the rebound kind of "hey look how happy i am!!" i wouldn't be feeling this way had I not found out that she was hiding me and flirting with random locals on facebook a couple of months ago..

I know she's apparently always wanted stability, and thats what I want too, but at the same time I have some kind of creeping fear that Im some sort of "pit stop" for her, so to speak. But our kids get along great so I think that kind of locks us in more? Unless Im wrong?

Responses are appreciated, especially from the posters who have replied on this thread before

Edited by jeremyhoward

It seems she had her doubts about you, and now all doubts are gone and she is sure. You can look at this as she is a responsible serious trust worthy woman, who consider her steps carefully, and she doesn't take rash decisions. It's a good sign, better than women who are hasty, and by that might regret often.

• Like 1
  • Author

I started dating a girl about 4.5 months ago, only a few weeks after she got screwed over by a "bad boy" she was dating who she really liked. (She has a history of dating bad boys.) We met a few weeks after this. About 2-3 weeks after we met, we became exclusive. Fast, I know.

I knew she was yearning for a good man to come into her life. And ill be honest, seeing the guys shes dated in the past, it's safe to say im a bit "different" from them. She's dated some particularly good looking guys (who ended up ditching her, one way or the other.) Maybe Im being modest, but I dont think I measure to those guys from a PHYSICAL/LOOKS standpoint, but I know I probably treat her better than those guys did. Im very attentive towards her. I know she's been yearning for stability for herself and her son. I would like the same for me and my daughter. I really genuinely was and still am, into this woman.

It started hot and heavy. She's a pretty facebook-oriented woman, so she posted alot about the dates we went on and whatnot. I created the facebook relationship change on facebook, and she accepted, but she kept her relationship status hidden on her page for some reason. (BEFORE PEOPLE BASH ME FOR BEING CONCERNED ABOUT FACEBOOK-- HEAR ME OUT.) About a month into our relationship, she became more secretive about our relationship. All of a sudden she stopped tagging me in statuses on facebook. Which I felt was uncommon behavior for her. I did some slight snooping, only to find out that she had recently added a couple random local guys whose profiles say theyre single. I look at their pages, and see that she had gone through their pictures, Liking them, and leaving flirty comments on some of their statuses. I didn't want to bring this up to her because I didnt want to look like a stalker, so I just continued onward with my eyes open.

Just recently, she's deleted those guys from her facebook, and made our relationship status visible for the first time. (It took her nearly 4 months into our relationship to do this. It is now 4 months we've been together.) So I knew she was trying to disguise herself as being single to these guys. Which was a bit unsettling.

But after she deleted them and made our relationship status visible, she's showing me off much more now. She's uploading pictures of us, pictures of us kissing, etc. (Which im personally not a fan of. I used to view girls who uploaded kissy pictures with their boyfriends as being desperate.)

She really is showing me off now to her friends/family when before, she was basically hiding me from her other "facebook potentials" I guess. She's telling me in person, and making statuses, how excited she is for the future between us, etc. etc.

While this all feels good to hear, should I be wary? Why would she hide me from these other guys and then a couple months later, she wants to tell the world that she's so in love with me? Did she at first see me as a rebound with terminal utility to her? Am I being gamed? Or is she just "locked-in" now?

Honest opinions are appreciated

As I stated to you earlier:

"You two might be ok through the Winter or even part of the Spring, but you are one argument away from all of this going south on you."

And I sill stand behind what said.

If you had to come back with another question that resembled the first one you asked on this thread you already know it's probably too good to be true.

She s content right now until she needs the validation again, which she will...and it will all go back to the opposite of how it feels now.

Your GF is the equivalent of a dry drunk who is white knuckling the validation she is addicted to, but she won't be able to hold off seeking it forever.