Hopeless Love

• Author
You just have to take it literally day by day minute by minute. Try to keep busy. Go out with family and friends. If you don't have friends join a meet up or an activity group (swimming, cooking, heck even rock climbing). Get out in nature and see the beautiful world we live in.

Will any of this take away all of your pain? Absolutely not. But it will make it more bearable by keeping your mind occupied. Its better than sitting at home, alone, with just your thoughts of MM.

Do you want to talk about what happened? How did the girlfriend find out? What did he say to you when he broke things off from you? Did the girlfriend contact you?

Be well & stay strong.

The girlfriend texted me using his phone so i know they were with each other at that time. 3 hours before he said he was sick so he couldnt text me and he wanted to rest. So i spent the 3 hours searching for his cure on internet asking my parents and all since he said he had been sick for quite some time. Little did i know he was 'lovesick' as he was probably having a date when he told me that.

The girlfriend texted me and there was no follow up from him. He didnt even ask me how am i coping etc. I guess i was truly dumped the harsh way

• Author
Aw Moon, it hurts like h*ll but it does get better.

Maybe after suffering for years from the hands of an abuser, you latched on to the first male to show you some kindness and compassion. If that seems at all possible, look into some counselling hon. That stuff takes a toll on your self esteem and mental health for sure.

Take care.

Thank you dear... I am still crying... I feel like i have lost faith in love. The first one was verbally abusive and threatened to hurt me physically. took me 6 years to move on... And that someone that opened my heart is this guy... The emotionally abusive guy

I am hurting so much right now. I ran out of tears. I am just staring at my room blankly. My chest hurts. Literally. Taking in breath feels so heavy. I am sorry for telling all these here... I don't have anyone else ....

Moon_S, I'm so sorry to see you back here again so hurt. When you went quiet in January I think we just assumed that you had moved on. I'm so sorry that this was not the case.

Come here for another (((hug))). Over 6 months since the last one.

There is a positive here. Before his girlfriend found out, you had painted this as a kind of "lost lovers" scenario with the angle that you would be together if circumstances were different but that he was doing the nobel thing.

Well now you can let go of that thought. He has shown his true colours. He had the golden opportunity to walk away and be with you, and he didn't take it. He has shown himself to be a cake-eating, cheater, who wants you...but not enough to end things with his GF. He basically wants you both. I'm ashamed to say that I was like him once :(

It hurts like hell, but you've seen where he stands now. Don't waste another moment of your time on this weak, selfish man.

Edited by jenkins95
I miss him

I think it is rather that you miss what you thought was him. In reality, he has got back with his original GF and so he wasn't as much in love with you as he made out. You have to try and see him as he REALLY is rather than your misty eyed memories of him. If you can do this it will help you get over this man and move on to better things.

I do know how you feel, and am sorry that he has led you on like this, if you can focus on the future rather than the past it will help you through this time.

• Like 2