Were these guys jealous of me or just my imagination?

So, I've a couple of instance where I believed some guys were jealous of me for whatever reason. I like to stay fit which is where I think some of the jealousy might steam. I do get frequent female attention, even from girls with their boyfriends at the gym.

I'll give you two examples and help me decide if these guys were in fact jealous of me.

Guy 1: Would always come around trying to be an alpha male around me. One instance he would say, "omg Ray, get out of the way." The only reason I was bullied was because I let him; I actually have 5 years of MMA training under my "belt" and that if I needed to, I could stop someone.

Guy 2: I wouldn't really consider him a friend, rather an acquaintance, but he exclaimed twice, "I hate Ray" (I guess "jokingly") and on one occasion he said, "sometimes, when I see Ray I want to stab him." I mean, do friends really say that to each other? One more note is he's noticed that a female he was into was into me. She even called me her boyfriend's name (one time) and flirtatiously called me "Hey Ray Ray" as a pet name.

So again, am I just imagining things or was there some jealousy there?

• Like 1

Dude,

Why the hell do you even care if some guy at the gym is jealous of you or not? Life is too short to worry about that crap unless you are all about trying to impress people.

As far as wanting to stab you?

I'll tell you as guy who has been stabbed in the past that generally guys that stab or shoot people don't make jokes about it in passing. I did not receive advance warning nor was anyone even joking around with me before I got stabbed. lol.

So maybe he is trying to test your MMA mettle.

I would venture a guess he would like you to prove your MMA skills to him, so eventually you might want to make him careful what he wishes for...lol

• Like 2
RudeAndNotGinger

You're sounding a little narcissistic.

Guy #1 told you to get out of the way.

Guy #2 sounds like he just really doesn't like you.

When people don't like you and you immediately go to, "They're just jealous," then you're just kind of full of yourself.

• Like 2

One of the real tests of a MAN is not being concerned about what others think. You don't need to beat someone up, unless you have no choice. You don't have to prove that you are superior.

Why don't you have to wonder or prove anything, because you should be comfortable with who you are. You know you are doing the right thing, and you really don't care what or why someone acts a certain way towards you.

Your post shows that you are not there yet and, frankly, shows a budding narcissism.

This is something, the budding narcissism, that you have to let go of and get out of your life.

Example: I am 6'1", 250. There are not a lot of people that intimidate me. I never fight unless someone puts their hands on me. I don't need to prove myself that way. If someone is a jerk, I just walk away, I could beat the hell out of him, but why?

I have a really high IQ, smarter than most people. I don't embarrass other people that are not as smart or as quick as me, why? I don't ever try to show how smart I am, it shows through my work and my attitude.

If someone thinks that are smarter, ok, good for you. As long as you are a cool person and you are cool with me, I have no reason to burst your bubble, why would I?

See when you start thinking about why other are jealous of you, you have already lost the battle of real self confidence.

• Like 2