"Have some fun"

"Have some fun" is what my ex said to me after I told him a few guys I know expressed interest in getting into my pants basically. Ok so I never pictured myself being that kind of girl who has flings or 'f*ck friends' but sometimes I find it tempting lol..I mean I'd never been on dates or had boyfriends until I was 19 (am 20 now), and that was my ex so I've only had the one relationship, and now I finally have guys interested in me :o . This section of the forum seemed fitting as I am in transition, my ex dumped me back in November but the last couple months I have sort of been 'seeing' someone (we'll call him 'Fred'). This guy was actually just someone I talked to online but about 3 months ago he was going to be in town so we decided to meet. Well after that we liked each other a lot but because of the distance I have only been able to be with him in person 3 times.

Unfortunately at this point due to taking out a loan for a course and dreaded credit cards he is severely broke so he can't afford to drive down, pay for internet, long distance phone calls/calling cards (I mean the guy even skips meals :( ). So basically for the last month and a half or so I haven't had a whole lot of contact with him and probably won't until he gets back on his feet, whenever that is.

Meeting him has also held promise for me to have some fun this summer as I really don't know a lot of people and therefore am by myself most of the time. Summer being half way over already, school coming up and realizing this relationship isn't really going anywhere for the time being, I've been trying to arrange outtings with other people..some of which are those guys I mentioned at the beginning.

So my question is, should I "have some fun" (meaning hook up with these guys) in the mean time or wait it out? 'Fred' isn't one of those guys who goes out there looking for meaningless sex with any girl he can, he says his friends pick on him for it and sometimes he wishes he could be like but doesn't because he feels guilty and it's not his thing. Although I have only been with him in person 3 times, I have been talking to him since January so I have gotten to know him really well..enough for us to have slept together. So since neither of us are into the fling thing then we've obviously are at the beginning of something more serious, we've just hit a speed bump.

So here's my problem, would it be wrong of me to just sort of leave this on hold and mess around a little? I mean strange as it sounds we haven't really had the chance to talk about our relationship, that's why I just refer to him as someone I'm 'seeing' as I'm not sure what we 'are'. Technically it probably isn't cheating but I don't know, I feel like I would be, you know? Like what if I feel guilty after? Not like this is really his fault. My ex seems to think I am "acting like a girlfriend" but that maybe 'Fred' isn't on the same page as we haven't really talked about 'us'.

Sorry this was so long! Blah..I don't want to wait around for things to finally pick up again, would like to experience life a bit while I'm still able to! lol

SuperFantastico

Well you guys arent really going out. Until this 'relationship' with Fred becomes more

viable ie, you can see him more that 3 friggn times in 6 months, i say play the field

a bit more.

I mean jesus, I blew my early 20's pining over a single girl. I let so many flings and

potential girlfriends go by. I really regret it(not that im over the hill im 28 but still)

You only get to live once, so please for me, LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why are you telling your ex that people want to get into your pants, and why do you need his permission to "have some fun?"

go wild. you're single. hooray. and the only one who can tell you what is okay is you.