He broke up with me and he wants to be friends...I said no and now he's emailed me!

I have to admit, I now want to email it to my ex, I want him to see it. Maybe he'll realize that he was actually blaming me for what his ex girlfriend did to him. And that he hurt me like she once hurt him in the past. Funny how little triggers like this make you want to break the NC. But I won't.

weird I thought the same, but I am not going to..... gotta keep busy busy busy!

Originally posted by J dub

Check out this quote someone just emailed me (ironically they have no idea what I am going thru right now either):

"You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder

every time.

I disagree. I think it gets easier everytime. And if it doesn't then you're not listening to your experience. Understanding that people will inherently do what they need to do will make the experience of someone leaving you hurt less every time. If it doesn't get easier, then you are putting too much of yourself into your relationships before the time is right. People are so hurt because they automatically assume that every person they have a relationship with is "the one". That mentality is destructive. Relationships have to be taken for what they're worth. You have to step outside the box and evalutate them individually. Then make an educated decision. If they left you and you're grieving beyond what is necessary, then you are disfunctional.

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by outdated

I think it gets easier everytime. And if it doesn't then you're not listening to your experience.

and it gets easier every time because you examine the good and the bad of the relationship when it ends and you file it away to draw on the next time.

I personally have learned something from almost all of the relationships I've had that I take into the next one.

There have only been a couple that I said.. Damn what a waste of time that was.. I wish I had never done it.. stupid you know better