FWB with ex

• Author
We're in the same situation as you. Broke up about 2 months ago after a little over 1.5 years. I initiated, but he sealed the deal.

Thing is - we got f*cking closer after the break up. We don't date, but we are FWB now. I'm almost happier that way. We get together, he cooks for me, we have an awesome sex about daily... I know that that's reviving a corpse and it will likely lead to nowhere - but i didn't manage to let go cold turkey after such a long time together.

I keep wondering if he's as attracted to me as he appears to be, why the relationship was so s*cky - we were fighting a LOT, and I caught him on a dating site... He tells me he didn't know what to do. Unless we 'upgrade' by NYE, I think the 'arrangement' will be over and just part of 2016...

What do you plan to do in your case? Are you getting re-attached by the FWB situation? Do you see any potential for more?

Right now she wants to take things slow and let things happen naturally, the thing is she won't initiate contact, she wants me to be more assertive with her. I find I am getting re-attached but don't want to seem like that to her.

The more time we spend together the more I find myself falling for her again which scares me to be honest.

• Like 1

Did the RL end because you're not assertive enough (doesn't need to be the only reason)? If so, she's probably testing you to see have you changed while apart.

Do you think the sex is bringing you closer together, or is it just the contact, or you just have residual feelings that you couldn't deny anymore?

Do you actually want her back? I see her approach of 'seeing what will happen naturally' but I think it is very important both of you to define what brought you apart at frst place and are the problems solvable.

Right now she wants to take things slow and let things happen naturally, the thing is she won't initiate contact, she wants me to be more assertive with her. I find I am getting re-attached but don't want to seem like that to her.

The more time we spend together the more I find myself falling for her again which scares me to be honest.

• Author
Did the RL end because you're not assertive enough (doesn't need to be the only reason)? If so, she's probably testing you to see have you changed while apart.

Do you think the sex is bringing you closer together, or is it just the contact, or you just have residual feelings that you couldn't deny anymore?

Do you actually want her back? I see her approach of 'seeing what will happen naturally' but I think it is very important both of you to define what brought you apart at frst place and are the problems solvable.

She has commitment issues she told me and feels suffocated after a while. I think I want her back but not sure that is why I don't mind taking it slowly. We have always had a great sex life but truthfully it seems as though it has gotten much better since the BU.

When we are together she is very loving and touchy feely but when we are apart she seems to get a little distant. Not sure what to do right now other than give her space and not contact her as much and it also lets me think about what I want out this as well.

She doesn't know why I draw her back to me but I do.

• Like 1

When we are together she is very loving and touchy feely but when we are apart she seems to get a little distant - that's because she's torn.

I'd be checking for updates, your situation is just the same as mine... to the T.

She has commitment issues she told me and feels suffocated after a while. I think I want her back but not sure that is why I don't mind taking it slowly. We have always had a great sex life but truthfully it seems as though it has gotten much better since the BU.

When we are together she is very loving and touchy feely but when we are apart she seems to get a little distant. Not sure what to do right now other than give her space and not contact her as much and it also lets me think about what I want out this as well.

She doesn't know why I draw her back to me but I do.

• Author
When we are together she is very loving and touchy feely but when we are apart she seems to get a little distant - that's because she's torn.

I'd be checking for updates, your situation is just the same as mine... to the T.

What would she be torn about? Either you want to be with me or you don't.

What do you mean you'd be checking for updates?

Tell me more about your situation

What would she be torn about? Either you want to be with me or you don't.

What do you mean you'd be checking for updates?

Tell me more about your situation

She's not sure - probably the past of the RL was not good, but she hopes it can get better, but she's not sure. I'm just guessing how she feels because it is similar to what I'm going through.

I meant checking for pdates - if you post whether you are getting back together or staying FWB or breaking contact. These are the options.

My situation: 19 months together, separated for a little over two. We had a lot of fights, but in the end I broke it off because I caught him on dating site. Then I reconsidered but he broke it off with me. Have been FWB, still seeing each other regularly, but I don't really know if I want him back, neither he. We were living together and planning to get engaged around the holidays so it sucks big time.

• Author

Is it a big deal that we don't text each other very much is that usually par for the course when dealing with FWB?

She rarely initiates contact so I do most of it. I was thinking I may just disappear for a few days and let her think about things, not even sure if she even would think about things.

She has always told me she will never initiate things with guys she wants them to take charge

• Author

Well things ended last night, she told me things were getting too serious and she wants it to go back to being fun again. She said we should stop seeing each other for awhile and then we can get back to having fun. I told we should cut all ties then and not see each other ever again. C'est la vie

Well things ended last night, she told me things were getting too serious and she wants it to go back to being fun again. She said we should stop seeing each other for awhile and then we can get back to having fun. I told we should cut all ties then and not see each other ever again. C'est la vie

I'm sorry that happened. It turned similar to s - I thought we're getting closer and he basically pulled away from me in the minute that I brought it up :( TIme to move on...