Why do men/women try to rub their relationship in their exs face???

Why do men/women try to rub their relationship in their exs face, by this I mean showing it off? Does this mean they still have feelings towards their ex because they rub it in their face, otherwise if they didn't. They wouldn't do this. What do you think?

That's kinda mean and spiteful.

I find that to be immature . . . it's an indicator that their self-esteem was damaged by the break up and so to boost their ego, and trying to demonstrate to the world that you really are "worthy" of having a boyfriend.

If she thinks that you will think she still has feelings for you and trying to make you jealous to draw you back to her, just realize that the new guy isn't getting a prize and you've dodged a bullet :)

Edited by Redhead14
Does that mean their still in love with the ex?

Well for the most part they do still have a modicum of feelings for them, otherwise they would not put the effort in to rub a new relationship in their faces.

But Love?

Maybe a few, but in reality the action itself is out of spite.

• Author
That's kinda mean and spiteful.

I find that to be immature . . . it's an indicator that their self-esteem was damaged by the break up and so to boost their ego, and trying to demonstrate to the world that you really are "worthy" of having a boyfriend.

If she thinks that you will think she still has feelings for you and trying to make you jealous to draw you back to her, just realize that the new guy isn't getting a prize and you've dodged a bullet :)

I guess that's true, I think they just want a reaction from their ex so they can get back in contact. However, I don't they want to initate the contact to look "desperate" as they want them back etc. In fear of rejection, therefore they use the jealousy approach.

Does that mean their still in love with the ex?

Depends on what you mean by love.?

I don't think love is the butterflies or jealously that one feels.

Depends on what you mean by love.?

I don't think love is the butterflies or jealously that one feels.

Maybe, obsessed would be a better word to describe.

Edited by JessicaKC
  • Like 1