Girlfriend with LOTS of experience

Everything is going great. But now she told me something that really bugs me. I'm sure we will get past it like we did my jealousy. But what's more logically ridiculous then me being retroactively jealous? Answer: Me wanting to retroactively protect here.

It was 40+ years ago, and she had told me before that she lost her virginity to an older guy, but I don't think that, before yesterday, she told me the exact ages.

She had just turned 15 and he was 21. That's messed up, right? Not on her behalf, but his.

There is no need to know how old she had her fruit harvested let alone who, what, when, why, which, where and how. There is no need for these discussions.

I've enjoyed reading this thread. Both the original post, and the advice. I'm 50, and my girlfriend is 47, we've been together one year. This is the first time in my life I have experienced "true love" - and all that goes with it. There is so much romance and affection, and I feel so lucky. Reading "caveman's" post, while I don't identify with the retro part, I have to say it's good to see someone else in the same club. I was in a 23 year loveless sexless marriage myself.... you don't appreciate a glass of water until you've gone through a desert experience. Someone posted something of that nature, and I agree.

Congratulations on your romance.

• Like 1