almost two weeks later, trying to stay hopeful

• Author

I know that. Lots of people say no one ends up with their first love. I don't know. I can't decipher right now whether I want to be with him or not right now because like I said, it's still fresh. I'll be better in a month hopefully.

Well Im going to hop in this because I am in the same boat. First relationship my ex or I have ever had just ended early August after 5 years. I was very hurt, it was not my choice to split. She was cruel to be kind (not accepting it as a "break", move on and enjoy your life, no to any second chance, I love you but im not IN love with you anymore..ugh that still stings) she had never been heartbroken, and neither had I. Marky your insight on that OPs ex had never been heartbroken so didnt know it was not cool to pack up and leave while your partner is in a rut, is helpful to me. So thank you.

OP it is rough. NC will help but I wake up everyday and she is there, first thing. Like an addiction. But I keep plugging away because its the only way. Posting on here has helped me so much. And while parting is such sweet sorrow, we both are believers in "if it is meant to be, it will". So use this time to focus on yourself. Frank Sinatra once said, and Ive taken this to my broken heart "The best revenge is massive success" now is the time to go out and achieve it.

Plus it could always be worse. Im destined to see my ex for the rest of my life. Her sister is married to my cousin. Thats how we met. And my best friend since 4th grade bought a house with her other sister and got engaged. They just told me (not yet my ex though hehe) on saturday that they are pregnant! Only problem is Im slated to be the godfather and my ex the godmother... yikes.

Life throws many curveballs. Time to adjust and go with the pitch. Best of luck to you, but you seem mature. I think in the end we'll both be ok.

Edited by Humantk
  • Author

Rocky meaning I was personally going through some things. Losing job after job and not having a job affected me greatly. I was always anxious on edge, miserable at home, thinking my friends didn't want to be around me. I always went to him for support of course. He was there, he never complained. He did however hate when people said rude **** to me. I felt as if I truly put a lot of stress on him without realizing it. Because he never spoke up to Me. There was a lack of communication of his feelings and I feel that it built up a great deal.

You're going to be all over the place emotionally for awhile. That is normal. One day you feel you are moving on, and, the next day, some little thing sets you back. It gets better with time.

Also, you can't control how he remembers you. In time, that won't matter either.

• Author

I know that I can't control that. I just could only hope. Deep down I know he knows what we had is special. It's just a very strong feeling, you know? It's hard to explain.

• Like 1

I think we need to write a guide called :

HOW TO BEHAVE IN A RALATIONSHIP WHEN U GET INTO A RUT

because to be honest, I would say that is why 95 percent of LTRs end.

I have alluded to the fact that ACTING (at least for a while) is something you can do but obviously that can only work for so long.

I think this is something all dumpees need to consider to make sure it never happens again.

Its hard to feel good in your own skin when so much crap is happening in your life but I think that is the key to being immune to this situation.

• Like 1