10. Stairs

11. Cardio

12. Weight lifting

13. Change your genes

14. Change your hormones

15. Get surgery

It's as simple as that!

Lol. Nah, just the hiking will do ;)

Plus you can eat whatever you want hiking. When you're burning those kinds of calories, you have to replenish the fuel. Anything that is over 100 calories per ounce of weight is what you're looking for. Lots of high cal food with lots of carbs. That's the good stuff!

• Like 1
Foreverever421

Do HIIT, twice a week and you should see results. Spot reduction doesn't work.

Download the tabata timer on your phone, and follow the instructions.

Hope the above helps.

• Like 1
Lol. Nah, just the hiking will do ;)

Plus you can eat whatever you want hiking. When you're burning those kinds of calories, you have to replenish the fuel. Anything that is over 100 calories per ounce of weight is what you're looking for. Lots of high cal food with lots of carbs. That's the good stuff!

I agree except for the people who genetically hold on the belly fat compared to the rest of the body.

People who do mountain hunting trips know what you're talking about. They hike in with all their food and gear, and walk out 10 pounds lighter in less than a week, even while eating tons of high calorie food.

• Like 2

Age has an impact too. No doubt because your metabolism changes as you get older.

Ah, the days when you could eat whatever you liked and never put a pound on... What happened to them? :mad:

• Like 1

Metabolism is largely about how much muscle mass you have. That doesn't have to go away with age. Although if all you ever do is be sedentary and "diet" to lose "weight" in any form, than yes as you age you're metabolism is going to slow down. But it's not because you aged. It's because as you aged, you did nothing to maintain/gain muscles.

• Like 4
Try one of those 30 day plank challenges and tell me that you don't notice a difference...

I hate planks. I liked stability ball work, though. One of my favourite workouts - my first stability ball workout - was called Core Directions (I think - it's been a while). The day after my first try with that, I felt it *everywhere*.

I've never liked ab exercises - that was the only thing I enjoyed.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I eat Paleo and it works for me no belly fat. Previously I was a runner, cyclist and weight trained and still had the belly fat, changed my diet and it went. I still run and do yoga but eating Paleo changed my body composition.

• Like 2

Fat, no matter where it sits on your body is just fat. Some people accumulate on the hips and others on the belly, still others on the upper arms and thighs. The only way to get rid of it is to change your body fat percentage.

My two main forms of exercise are daily yoga and walking. Walking keeps the fat down, yoga tones and conditions the muscles and mind. Even so, I personally find it impossible to keep my body fat percentage low if I regularly eat any form of grain. I can eat these things occasionally (less than once per week) without issue but everyday? No.

I've taken on what is a [modified] paleo diet now for about 15yrs. I still eat dairy because I like it and it doesn't seem to put weight on me, but the mainstay of every meal, including breakfast, is vegetables. Unfortunately a lot of people just put weight on by eating grain, their bodies don't digest it well, it causes inflammation, a mild allergic reaction and you retain water and then store fat as a result of it. You only have to look at the general populace to see what habitually eating grain does to the average body.

The whole your metabolism slows down as you age is bunkum too IME. My metabolism has sped up as I aged because I went from sedentary to an athletic lifestyle. I have a better body (40's) now than in my 20's and none of the common, muffin tops, saggy hips, misshapen backsides that women half my age have. A lot of what people call ageing is just cumulative abuse of their bodies. Well for sure, your body isn't going to put up with being abused ad infinitum. It's not because you've aged it's because you've atrophied.

Edited by Buddhist
  • Like 2

Abdominal training and workouts actually work a charm.

Some of what fitness trainers/instructors say is complete BS. Well in my city that's the case for most of them.

• Like 1

OP - Do you have kids? Some women have issue with ab exercises because the abs sometimes separate during pregnancy creating a pregnant look afterward. Many traditional ab exercises will actually make it worse.

Yeah, you know I love sprinting, and high intensity cardio, but my knee will kill me if I tried that again. I don't want to injure myself again. I am sticking to jogging, walking and rowing. You know low intensity cardio, because other wise my knee pain will return.

Have you tried swimming? That's supposed to be easy on the joints. With enough laps, you can get some high-intensity cardio in the pool.

• Like 1

Belly fat is caused by insulin resistance. The key exercise is the push away.

Here's how you do it.....

Put your hands on the edge of the table start pushing away from the table as the chair moves back. Stop and then stand up.

Limit your sugar intake including fruit. Green vegetables.

• Like 1

carbs out the window. No fruit, no brown rice, nothing. vegetables and any source of protein you can get your hands on. Your going to loose weight.

stubborn areas, I would go with a classic supplement that really isn't mentioned anymore but it works on stubborn areas. yohimbine. People that step on stage, use that supplement to target certain areas of the body to loose the fat. It works.

Lots of places that do anti aging, hormone replacement, weight loss, have creams with yohimbine in it. classic 90's body building fat loss cream formula is aminophylline, caffeine, retinol, yohimbine, phosphoridycholine. Notice whats in that fat burning cream. yohimbine!! shocker.

But what do I know;)

• Like 2