His ex and Facebook - Am I overreacting?

Next time she calls, he needs to put her on speakerphone and she needs to "catch up" with both of you.

Why?

Because if this is all Kosher, then you can be present when he talks to her. Hey, he can even introduce you two. That's what "friends" do. Friends introduce their SOs to each other and spend time as a happy threesome, foursome, etc....

If he's wanting alone time to catch up with her, you two haven't met, and/or she doesn't know you exist...there's something wrong here.

I mean, the other day I was talking to my brother's wife. I had no idea I was on speakerphone until my brother responded. That's what couples do. They talk to other people without hiding anything. Are there times I talk to my brother and his wife separately, of course. But, again, they naturally can be talking to me at the same time because hello, there's no reason for them not to. So, again, next time she calls, you oughta be there in the room. If he excuses himself to engage her, then there's something wrong. Actually, if he wants to prove she's nothing, he oughta call her with you on speakerphone to "catch-up" before she calls him next time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You can trust him and be with him or you can not trust him and not be with him, pretty much all my ex's f----d around on me and the ones that didn't tried to cheat on their boyfriends with me after the fact (which I always declined). The only difference is now I don't worry about if they are cheating or not because you can't control other people.

You need to spend more time being productive and doing something useful with your life rather than freaking out about your boyfriend's ex. Every time you are going to worry do something positive for your relationship or your life or your community. You don't need conference calls with your boyfriend and his ex you need to break up with him or get over it.

Like most exes, they fade with time. We all end up getting busy with our own lives, and they become less important. I believe this is temporary. As you both start making plans to get married (if it gets to that) or even her, I doubt there will have much communication between them by that time.

IMO if they need to catch up, why not invite her and her new BF over for dinner or meet them for drinks. Maybe by facing your fears (exposure therapy) might help you with your anxiety. Have a discussion with your therapist about this and see what they think.

I don't think him not "liking" her FB pic isn't going to make any of what you feel go away. Time to make steps yourself to deal with your fears.