If the only common interests you have is the job field?

LookAtThisPOst

• Author
LookAtThisPOst
Hey LATP, how are things going with this lady?

Have you done a bit more listening? :)

Thank you for asking Gemma, we actually spent an outing at a Halloween event last night. We had a great time, she actually reached out to me...I was thrilled, we are great friends, but we bonded in some fashion...perhaps spiritually, although we're not dating. Maybe I should just be happy with those moments, you know?

• Like 2
Thank you for asking Gemma, we actually spent an outing at a Halloween event last night. We had a great time, she actually reached out to me...I was thrilled, we are great friends, but we bonded in some fashion...perhaps spiritually, although we're not dating. Maybe I should just be happy with those moments, you know?

Why don't you just wait and see - let it build back up.

In your other thread you said you 'had to ditch her' (not the same lady) from your FB list - nah! Never do that if you are acquainted - even if she doesn't reply to FB mails (your mail had no question in it) - no reason to ditch her - she was liking your posts. It could have grown over time - you never know!

I'm glad you two had a good night! Really pleased! :)

She needs some support - you and I both know that. If it doesn't turn into dating then if you can help support her you will have done a great job!

It's really hard to find people who you can just let it all out with and then have fun with when times are tough - I know - I've been there.

Connections like this can mean a heck of a lot more than a date.

Edited to add:

I met my long term partner in December 91, I liked him but he was with someone. I bumped into him several times over 3 months - always liked him, he was always polite, lovely and spoke to me. He wasn't flirty ever - he was dating someone.

In March 92 I again bumped into him - he was single by then. I messed up with a friend, his chinos and his pint of Guinness!!

I went downstairs - bumped into that guy again, spent the evening talking and I asked him out right at the end of the night when he made sure I got home safe.

He wasn't sure he could make it and said he may not be able to.

He did - he pushed every boat out to get there.

But it all took time. No instant stuff. Bear that in mind LATP. It takes longer the older you get too.

Edited by GemmaUK