Am I being too sensitive, or seeing what I want to see?

Woman at work. Young. Smart. Cute. I don't see her often, as she works from home almost 100% of the time. She and I have become professionally friendly.

If you've read the Infidelity forum, you know I've been on the **** end of the stick before, but have never had a revenge affair.

Anyway, this is what's happening - you tell me.

1. Whenever I see her, she gives me a hug. She doesn't do this to anyone else in our office, except a couple of female ees.

2. When I'm talking with her, she stares at my mouth.

3. Whenever I say something funny, she grabs my forearm like she is trying to keep me from flying out the window.

4. Every friggen email ends in a smiley face.

5. She asks me to lunch, and usually throws in a " and feel free to see if anyone else in the office wants to come."

Ladies, am I seeing something that isn't there?

The truth is, if it's nothing, cool. If it's something....well...what can I say? I'm flattered as hell becuse she's young and attractive.

She's married with three young ones, and what seems like a nice guy husband. I myself, do no fit the "nice guy" profile.

Nothing will ever happen. I'm just curious, based on the symptoms I just described what you ladies think.

Ummmm sorry guys.

I think she's being "normal".

She is NOT hitting on you at all.

If you want to think otherwise then do.

Tbh I think she possibly feels VERY safe with you to be hugging you. More like a fatherly or grandfatherly affection if you can call it "affection".

I come from a VERY HUGGY family.

It's like a European greeting.

I know many men of non-hugging families who HAVE thought I was hitting on them.

When this became clear to me, I stopped it altogether outside the family and even IN the family (exWH father is an extreme pervert and ALWAYS made sexual comments).

It could be interesting where a conversation lead started by you...You remind me of my daughter...

She'll probably say, YEAH you remind me of my dad.

Smiley faces are not a sign of affection.

"Lots of love..." is.

Lion Heart

As much as I always agree with you so often. Got to go against you here.

She is hitting on him without a doubt. In my bad days, I hit this type of stuff all the time.

• Author
TrustedthenBusted

Yep. Turned out she was definitely interested. Or at least vocal about it with another female coworker. Apparently they got to talking about the rest of us guys in the office, and did the whole " if you were stranded on an island" thing from 6th grade, and the young gal made it clear that she wouldn't need to be stranded on an island to be with me.

She admitted to having a "harmless crush." Great confidence boost, but now that I know for sure, I can just file it away, and maybe be happy about it from time to time.

No worries.

• Like 2
Yep. Turned out she was definitely interested. Or at least vocal about it with another female coworker. Apparently they got to talking about the rest of us guys in the office, and did the whole " if you were stranded on an island" thing from 6th grade, and the young gal made it clear that she wouldn't need to be stranded on an island to be with me.

This sounds as much like high school as it does a modern workplace. Hope these aren't government employees :( ...

Mr. Lucky

If you're smart you'll distance yourself a bit here. This is how most start. A seemingly innocent friendship that over time blossoms. Then you're over your head before you know it.

• Author
TrustedthenBusted
If you're smart you'll distance yourself a bit here. This is how most start. A seemingly innocent friendship that over time blossoms. Then you're over your head before you know it.

Yeah. I'm mostly just glad I wasn't seeing something that wasn't there ya know? Because that would have been pretty sad.

There is 0% chance of anything inappropriate happening. Thanks.