Did you look at your exes social media for a long time after the breakup?

I deactivated my FB account shortly after the break-up in May. I went back on once to check his profile, posts, etc. and it really impacted me, even though I thought it wouldn't. I deactivated my account again and don't plan on ever being back on there. I feel like my life is far more productive without Facebook, and I was really only on there for him anyway.

I haven't checked up on any of his social media, or that of his friends or family, which was something I couldn't resist doing when we had broken up before. I've checked the weather for his city, and looked at some general pictures of the city, but nothing more. I do miss him, his family, and our mutual friends, and the city he lives in, but I know it will just hurt to keep up with anyone from there.

LS has really helped me with my healing journey, and I hope it will help do the same for you.

Edited by sooshi

I had urges to check her Facebook that were so strong I felt like I was going to die of anxiety. She was with an old ex 2 months after she dumped me and a week and a half after we'd gotten back together to talk and were intimate again. She never said his name. Just a few things that made it easy for me to peruse her page and find out who he was. God I wish I never found out because over the course of the past year I would periodically check his page as hers is private.

In the beginning it was to see of they were still together, hoping I'd find evidence that they broke up. Each time I checked I felt horrible after. Like fetal position on my floor horrible. Through Facebook I found out that he moved 12 hours from home to live with her in May I think it was. They got engaged In July. For the first time his profile pic is them together, smiling and happy. In an odd way I wanted to see it and feel the pain and I do not know why.

Because I can't seem to stop myself I deleted my Facebook. Blocking them helped for months but I eventually succumbed. All it does it keep you from being able to move on. Every time I checked it I delay my progress again. If only I hadn't checked way back last August when she got with him. Ignorance is bliss everyone. Ignorance is bliss.

I divorced my exH before FB was invented so this wasn't an issue at the time.

However, about 4 years ago my friends kept telling me I needed a FB a/c and gave it a try :rolleyes: but found it very time-consuming, so in the end cancelled my a/c.

I admit I did look up some people I used to know and found my exH wasn't on FB but his AP was.

It confirmed what I always thought, that my "replacement" had a brain the size of a pea, couldn't spell or even string an intelligent sentence together, and enough spare time to post whiney crap about how much ironing she had to do and how no-one appreciated her.

She also looked older than me even though she's 10 years younger and he was looking miserable in all the holiday snaps.

Personally I wouldn't track ex's on FB just after a BU, it's like rubbing salt in a wound but give it 10 years and you'll see how the ravages of time have impacted on them and what boring sad lives they lead. Then it's very gratifying :lmao: