Started a new job about a month ago... [UPDATE: Is my co-worker flirting with me?]

my ex GF of 2 years was my supervisor and we did fine seeing each other everyday, recently I was promoted my self so basically we are in the same level and we do just fine.

from my experience do not be afraid of your supervisor, dont be a "yes man" and do everything she says, have a strong personality and your own price.

In general do not give away too much info about your personal life, you never know how hard it can hit you at some point.

Some of your colleagues might not care at all, others out of jealousy might report every mistake you've done in order to drag you down.

don't be a white sheep, if you see others doing wrong stuff - report them.

• 2 weeks later...

"Don't **** where you eat"

Unless you got the job to look for a possible husband, instead of a career move...Don't persue anything with him. The success rate is extremely low, and really not worth it once you guys break up.

If you really can't get him out of your head and are absolutely nuts for him, give it a solid six months. Six months of conversations, and actually getting to know him. Chances are you'll realize you're incompatible and become less interested.

If you some how just keep finding that you keep clicking on every level? Then I suppose go for it (after the six months)

• Author
MsHopeful0208201689

So I have posted about this guy previously..today he told me I looked cute as h*ll.... is it safe to say he has attraction towards me and is flirting... was this pretty bold of him to make such a comment... I was flattered and told him he looked nice as well... what are your thoughts...?? I have still entertained the thoughts of testing the water however I haven't given it much focus or acted on anything beyond being professional and friendly...

Is he 'just' a co worker or is he your supervisor/boss/manager? It's one thing to have a fun flirtation with a regular co worker, it's a whole other ball game if he's in a higher position. If he's your boss, do NOT go there, stop the flirty games and remember you're there to work, not to flirt with him. You have a professional reputation at risk, you don't want to be office gossip especially if he's the boss and married.

Are you crushing on him?

Edit to add, I see you've made three threads about this and only in one you say he's a supervisor, so now knowing that info, stop flirting with him and focus on your job.

• Author
MsHopeful0208201689
Is he 'just' a co worker or is he your supervisor/boss/manager? It's one thing to have a fun flirtation with a regular co worker, it's a whole other ball game if he's in a higher position. If he's your boss, do NOT go there, stop the flirty games and remember you're there to work, not to flirt with him. You have a professional reputation at risk, you don't want to be office gossip especially if he's the boss and married.

Are you crushing on him?

Edit to add, I see you've made three threads about this and only in one you say he's a supervisor, so now knowing that info, stop flirting with him and focus on your job.

He actually isn't my supervisor

I would guess he's flirting. The men who've tried to escalate things with me at work typically started with comments like that.

What is company policy on dating coworkers? What if you do date this individual and it goes sour? You're stuck working with him.

Even better...is the dude married? If so, stay away.

And..are you married? If so, what are you thinking????

Get back to work.

Well we know he doesn't have any class

Who says "you look cute as hell" besides a dog or someone who's 12

Elevate your game it sounds like you're pretty professional date someone whos in a better state of mind or who has more respect for you

Do you know if he's single, dating or married? With kids? All that is a factor too.

Honestly, it just seems like an ego feed flirtation and you're taking it to heart. Leave it alone and don't fuel the fire. Meaning, don't think, wish or fantasize about him (if you do, stop!)

I am guilty of this myself and always want to think a woman is flirting with me if I find her attractive lol

Like this woman at my job now, she always speaks to me with a smile and says "Hey 4kad". It sounds flirty but that just maybe her personality and want it to be something more because I think she is hot

BTW: No woman on any job has every spoke to me that way when passing me in the hallway with a smile and "hey