Update of affair turned marriage several years later

boneheadedmove

Cabin,

I think many here can benefit from hearing your experiences during the time when you and he decided you wanted to be together and when it actually happened. Specifically what gave you assurance and what made you worried. Was there a deadline that came and went? Did he make a promise and not follow through?

A lot of people on here seem to be stuck not ending the affair in the event that he or she "really means it this time." I myself was there.

• Like 1
What_Did_I_Do

Hi Cabin,

To follow Bone's request...I'm curious too.

There are a lot of posts on LS that quote statistics, how many transitioned to 'the other side' so to speak. The number is incredibly low.

However, in my small community, I know of 5 couples that began as affairs. Of those, one did not continue the relationship but remained great friends. It was an exit A for both. The other four couples are living together or are married long term.

MM and I discuss him leaving ad naseum. Right down to every nitty gritty detail. After reading LS stories, I'm not sure if this is all future faking or if this is the how the process works. Time will tell I guess.

Cabin it is good to have OW who have made it to the other side share their stories. I agree that there aren't enough of them, but like another poster said that it is probably because they don't have a need to come to LS because they are happy.

As another one whose A became a M several years ago, I can attest there are many more of us than you think! Yes, not many of us stick around / return - only those of us with the thickest skins who can shrug off all the insults hurled our way last here long, unless we're prepared to recant and flagellate ourselves publicly with how evil we were and how unclean we still are. It's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't - if you disappear, people believe you lied about your A working out because you're not around to defend your story. If you stick around, you're accused of lying, making this up and farting unicorns (or whatever it is they say) because if you were *really* with him, and *really* happy, you wouldn't be here. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey Cabin, glad things are going well. Hope to see more of you here.

• Like 2