Should I wait for the ring... or leave??

SpringAngel83

I'd like to keep the house myself... my parents are moving about a mile away next month. I haven't lived closer than 200 miles to them in 11 years. After my aunt died they decided to move up to be close to me. They're selling their house and buying one close by. I'd like to keep this house and get a roommate but will settle for selling the house, paying my parents back, and splitting the difference. He will NOT keep this house and keep the money my parents put into it. It's one thing to mess with me, it's another to mess with my parents! (On a side note I'm SO glad they'll be close by soon!)

I am happy to hear your parents are moving closer. I have always lived hours if not days away from my parents and as they are getting older I wish I was just a drive away from them.

Tell him to move out. There is nothing to discuss with him. He's pulled your chain long enough. Give him this week to find a place to move to. He can crash on a friend's couch and put all of his belonging in a storage unit.

He has a lot of nerve saying he wants to keep the house.

• Like 3

I don't want to twist the knife in your wound but I am working myself up here just thinking that at the time you bought that house, he knew he would not marry you or start a family with you and he STILL TOOK YOUR PARENTS MONEY.

• Like 1
  • Author
SpringAngel83
I don't want to twist the knife in your wound but I am working myself up here just thinking that at the time you bought that house, he knew he would not marry you or start a family with you and he STILL TOOK YOUR PARENTS MONEY.

I just can't see him as that... evil. I really think he was saying things to hurt me because I said I'm done. But I'm going to talk to an attorney. See what my options are.

• Like 1
I just can't see him as that... evil. I really think he was saying things to hurt me because I said I'm done. But I'm going to talk to an attorney. See what my options are.

Of course he is not evil. He is/has been looking out for himself. Time for you to do the same. An attorney is a good place to start.

• Like 2

I really hope you aren't staying in the house hoping you two will make up and get back together. This guy isn't going to marry you.

• Like 1

Yes but why were you finally "done"?

It was HIS lack of commitment, HIS misleading actions and statements, HIS emotional distance and shutting you out among other things that caused you to be done.

He may not be "evil" in the literal sense, but he misled you and strung you along for a long long time.

And if YOU had not pulled the plug, would have continued doing so.

These are not the actions of a particular "nice" person, who has, or will ever have, your best interests at heart. Not imo anyway.

Don't lose sight of that, please.

Edited by katiegrl
  • Like 1
  • Author
SpringAngel83
I really hope you aren't staying in the house hoping you two will make up and get back together. This guy isn't going to marry you.

Absolutely not. I just want to be home. His sister lived with us rent free for months when she moved back home. She just bought a condo with an extra room so I'm hoping he'll stay with her.

And I've come to realize that I don't want to marry him. This is who he is. Not the man I thought he was. This will never change... and this is not enough for me.

• Like 3

You are doing the right thing, especially if you want babies. Don't waste more years on someone who isn't as committed as you.

• Like 2

You will be fine...just fine SpringAngel. He is only a dude that had a different idea of the future than you. That is all. It's likely when the dust settles, both of you will be better/smarter than you ever were with each other.

This is ok.

At the moment this hurts....in your future, you will walk on some sunshine by being aligned with and true to who you are.

Hang in, remember this will pass and something good will come.

• Like 1
Calmandfocused

Although difficult, it sounds like what's happened is for the best even though it must be difficult for you at the mo. At least he is not wasting anymore of your time and you don't have to spend it wondering, waiting and wishing for something.

However, sounds like you've concluded that you no longer want him. Good for you.

Yes, although not ideal I would try and stay in the house. What he said was nonsense and don't feel threatened by what he says ( unless he's a lawyer which I dont believe you've mentioned) its an intimidation tactic to get you to play by his rules. Ignore until you've sought sound advice.

Also wanted to say don't worry about the age and kids thing. There are many ways and means around these things. Focus on you at the moment

Good luck

• Like 1