Should I marry her?

I didn't even read the post, just the title.

If you're asking at all, the answer's "no".

I disagree. Very often people get doubts when making major life decisions. Its typically called cold feet and having doubts is perfectly normal.

By this logic anytime you have a doubt about any life decision you should reply with a no. Seem illogical.

This is of course reading the title and not the actual post as it was put.

GorillaTheater
I disagree. Very often people get doubts when making major life decisions. Its typically called cold feet and having doubts is perfectly normal.

By this logic anytime you have a doubt about any life decision you should reply with a no. Seem illogical.

This is of course reading the title and not the actual post as it was put.

I get what you're saying, but I'd say it's one thing to have doubts in your mind, maybe even voicing those doubts to a close friend or family member.

And another thing entirely to voice those doubts to a bunch of internet strangers, who have no idea whatsoever concerning the two players in this drama. That seems like a pretty drastic step to me when the stakes are so high, and if a poster is willing to take it, I'm always going with "no". If the poster's doubts are that huge, it's not worth the chance.

Based on what you said - no, don't marry her!

And don't even date her.

What you described is just a toxic Union.

No. You two don't even get along now, and neither of you are happy in the relationship. You're also not in love with her.

It might hurt to end things now, but a divorce will hurt even more.

Your relationship lacks love. The idea of marriage might sound lovely, but your relationship does not have the strong foundation that would equate to a solid lifelong commitment.

Take care.

She and you fight numerous times per day: she can't possibly think everything is OK.

You say that getting married will be making her dreams come true. Joebori, I don't know many people who would say that a marriage full of fighting is a dream come true. Perhaps the 'dream' is the dress and wedding rather than the actual marriage.

• 5 weeks later...

If you are going to spend the rest of your life, devote your love, your time, your energy all to one person....

You should be able to talk to that person!

Tell her how you feel and it will direct you in the right path. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Maybe you need to hear her say a few things that aren't forced. Maybe she knows you are this unhappy and once she hears it from you....she can understand where you are coming from and you can have a honest discussion about the future.

The family stuff is not neccessary to talk about...most relationships involve the significant other's family....but you aren't marrying them and whether you can understand it or not, they will get over her. They are your family.....They want what is best for you....make your decisions without worrying about the relationship of family being involved with your significant other.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...