Does it matter?

Lois_Griffin
It sounds like he is insecure and wants to "tie you down" so you can't leave if someone better comes along.

LOL. Repeated for TRUTH.

The fact his friends are all younger is also a bit of a worry. - he may have Peter Pan syndrome.

He seeks out younger companions as he has never really grown up himself.

A 52 year old man crying due to the thought of you leaving him is a bit worrying to say the least.

And whilst that no doubt stroked your ego, it is a bit of a red flag.

How "responsible" is he, or is he in fact just a grown up kid?

The control issue as others have pointed out is also a factor in why older men seek younger mates. Control may not always be about shouting or violence, it can be also be about manipulation and "crying" to get his own way.

Be very careful.

Well, I guess, 27 years is a lot of difference. Most people that I have seen with a large gap is 10-12 years ( guy older ) , being successful. Anything more than that is a chance / luck / risk , however you name it.

I was wondering if age has an effect on relationships. There is a 20+ age difference between us. I enjoy him now, a lot - I know with time, things change though.

You'd have to tell us what kind of 52-yr old he is. Has he taken care of himself physically? Does he ski, play tennis, bicycle, hike, etc? There's a big difference between active and couch potato at that age.

Also, at the risk of sounding callous, is he a man of some means? He'll need expensive care at some point and you'll have considerable years left after he's gone. Kids would only add to this equation...

Mr. Lucky

• Author
You'd have to tell us what kind of 52-yr old he is. Has he taken care of himself physically? Does he ski, play tennis, bicycle, hike, etc? There's a big difference between active and couch potato at that age.

Also, at the risk of sounding callous, is he a man of some means? He'll need expensive care at some point and you'll have considerable years left after he's gone. Kids would only add to this equation...

Mr. Lucky

He is very active and fit - played basketball professional and does cross-fitness. When you say a man of some means, what do you mean? Does he work and do well for himself? If that is what you mean, I suppose he does. I haven't really inquired into his money. He is an actor.

I know people in that situation. The two things I would want to think over in that situation are whether I would be up for a care taking role while still pretty young. The second one is if I wanted kids how would I feel if I had to raise them myself if necessary (especially during the teenage years). There are men who would do this and others who would want to retire instead.

While I have known some lovely 50 year olds, I will agree with some of the other posters than many men who go for younger women have narc traits and that would be wearing over time.