Some people are meant to be alone?

I'm not sure I agree with this philosophy seeing how many famous people that made a huge impact on the world had spouses and relationships.

There is a widespread assumption that people have other halves.

It is just that: an assumption. It is not a truth, and I personally would classify it as a delusion.

A being is whole unto itself for its lifespan, insomuch as it is a discreet vessel of nature that has stumbled upon the privilege of being able to observe the totality of itself for a brief moment.

There are no other halves. There is only a whole, and there is only one way back to that whole as far as we can perceive. Everything else is just self-reassurance brought on by instinct and the often overwhelming uncertainty of simply being.

Edited by Palmeiras
Sine I have been participating here I usually read an OP, process quickly and give an opinion or observation. This one I sat on for days, pondering.

I still try to seek a significant someone. I have had the fortune to be in a couple of what was for a significant period of time to be good quality relationships. Speaking personally, looking back I was clearly a better person for it, I clearly saw and experienced the benefits of having a good loving happy relationship. My problem as I have explained in other threads is I just simply took it for granted and did not work hard enough to maintain it, so now I'm paying for it. Why I said on another thread if you are currently in a happy relationship (or Marriage) don't ever take one freaking second of it for granted.

Now you have the current me, while I have been with a good number of women, but only ONE true relationship post marriage #2. Many nice women but things just did not develop. Now I am starting to get comfortable being single, for the first time I actually don’t mind it. Now if I could wave a magic wand and be in a great happy relationship I’d take that in a heartbeat.

But Satu has a point here and goes back to the line: Some people are meant to be alone. I seriously don’t agree with this, humans are not wired to be “alone” now whether you can “find” someone to match with that is another matter. Back to Satu…

Hmmmm

But what about me, i don't like spending time with people. I would never seek out an intimate relationship as i don't like them. I like to be alone. I don't want to share myself at all.

But what about me, i don't like spending time with people. I would never seek out an intimate relationship as i don't like them. I like to be alone. I don't want to share myself at all.

Well Fin all I can say to that is you are an anomaly, does not mean good or bad, just different.

While there are human norms when it comes dating, matching, relationships whatever we all are the result of our past experiences, the good, the bad and the ugly and the tragic unfortunately.

I stated:

Now I am starting to get comfortable being single, for the first time I actually don’t mind it.

Fin my current evolution is indeed making me more like you.

While dating… online, in person or whatever has not been a disaster to me, no huge heartbreaks or tragic episodes I’m growing weary of the meet and greet, explain and interview mental grind of “seeking” someone. I honestly now don’t think it’s worth it… time, money, mental effort all of it.

As I got older, I began to see a purpose to my life that it wouldn't have had if I had tried to go the domestic/partner route. Of course, like every other girl, I grew up assuming like everyone, I'd marry, etc., although I swore when I was a preteen that what I really wanted to be was a bachelor. Too much watching the Dean Martin Show. (For you kids, that's an old 60s entertainment show featuring a drunken playboy. I wanted to be him, sort of.)

Then I followed my true path and made choices always keeping my own happiness as the first consideration and didn't voluntarily let anyone slow me down, and at a certain age, I looked back and knew what was what I was supposed to do. I was among the first generation of women (birth control) who even had the choice to do that.

We are not all on the same path and shouldn't assume we should do what everyone else is doing; but at the same time if you are broken because you want to find a life partner that bad, you should keep pursuing that. We should all pursue our dreams, no matter what they are. Good luck.

BronzeAgeJaeger217

I'm trying to look at Zach Anner and Uganda's ugliest Man for hope and inspiration