knowing you met the wrong person and marrying them. [updated 2016-07-01]

• Author

I honest to God accidentally sent her a text last night that was intended for family member. As soon as I sent it I realized what I had done. Terrible feeling. She texted me back and said she realized it was an accident then started getting bitchy about me. I fell into this trap and told her some awful things. I don't feel bad about what I said because I know in my heart that it's the truth. Just disappointed with myself for giving her the fn bs drama she feeds on. I still feel a little down but at the same time I'm glad it happened because I was reminded of how ugly she is and why I can't stand her. I think anger has been my best friend getting through this. My hatred for her is my friend. I won't always be angry, just waiting for the day to come where I just never think about any of this, and if I do I want to be able to laugh about it. I deleted her number to make sure no accidents occur but I know this time that I am fn done with her. I will never contact her again. Oscar is moving on. I've even thought about joining an OLD site to make friends. Just friends and maybe just maybe a casual date. I've never done that before so not sure yet. Is this a good thing? Does this mean that I'm actually starting to be ready for moving on completely??????

I've even thought about joining an OLD site to make friends. Just friends and maybe just maybe a casual date. I've never done that before so not sure yet. Is this a good thing? Does this mean that I'm actually starting to be ready for moving on completely??????

I'd suggest you're making progress when you date someone without thinking about it in terms of your marriage. In other words, you're moving when you stop thinking whether events mean you're moving on.

There's a tendency to over-think things in your situation. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy ;) ...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1

Listen man,

You got nothing to be ashamed of. You made a mistake and you paid the price. I went through something similar 10 years ago. Went from living in a million dollar house, driving a Maserati to sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with my mom and teenage sister.

Lost my money, my pride, my sanity and almost my life. I had just become a father for the first time and I knew my little girl would be messed up if she was left completely with her mom. That gave me the strength to continue. My life as I knew and I strived to build was over. Every breath from this day was for my daughter and I would get all that I lost back.

10 years later today, I'm raising my daughter full time. Even though I went through a rough break up 6 months ago. I still consider myself very blessed. I'm happy, I'm healthy and financially better off than ever. And even though I feel alone. This life is meant to be a good dad. Everything else is just bonus.

You sound like you already got a game plan mapped out. That's great cause it took me 2 years to snap out of my year and 3 month marriage. You will rise higher than ever and this already has made you a better, smarter and stronger person.

Edited by Weathersf1
  • Like 1
  • Author

Thank you! I've only had three or four serious relationships in my life, but this experience really changed everything for me. I've come to see myself in a deeper way and realize what I've been doing wrong. I cut myself off from society and live a hermit life, then when the first woman comes along and smiles at me i fall. Not anymore. I've decided to not be a hermit anymore. Not saying I'm going to be out chasing women everywhere but I'm going to be more social. I've decided to join an OLD site to make friends.