So it happened. GF with Bipolar cheated and left me.

An act of violence is an act of violence. I'm not going to listen to your semantics. You hit a woman because you did not get your way.

You did it out of rage and not on purpose? ...

Actually that IS the typical justification because abuse is about controlling the other person while absolving oneself of responsibility. It's part of the "I wasn't myself" "I'm not like that" justification too.

• Like 1

Protec, frigginlost abkht summed it up, but your justification about acting violent toward her reveals how obtuse you remain about all this.

Of course it's tough to accept that you have been violent toward a woman, but it happened and you splitting hairs about the type of violence is more selfish garbage on your part.

Only an open hand strike. Dude get real. You're lucky you aren't in jail or facing legal charges because that's still assault. I doubt things are that different in your country.

I agree that the only way you actually remove this woman from your life is going to be by some sort of extreme means. This very much feels like a thread that will eventually be some sort of modern day tragedy.

• Like 2
Protec, frigginlost abkht summed it up, but your justification about acting violent toward her reveals how obtuse you remain about all this.

Of course it's tough to accept that you have been violent toward a woman, but it happened and you splitting hairs about the type of violence is more selfish garbage on your part.

Only an open hand strike. Dude get real. You're lucky you aren't in jail or facing legal charges because that's still assault. I doubt things are that different in your country.

I agree that the only way you actually remove this woman from your life is going to be by some sort of extreme means. This very much feels like a thread that will eventually be some sort of modern day tragedy.

Protec I agree with Blanco, you need to talk with your sister. At this moment I have more faith in her than your therapist. I think if this circus continuous I think there comes a point we will read at a certain point that you killed her or did something horribly wrong. I am coming to a point to inform your sister about this thread. Yeah, I know. But I am quite serious.

Edited by Itspointless
  • Like 1
if this circus continuous I think there comes a point we will read at a certain point that you killed her or did something horribly wrong.

Yep, that's pretty much what I was getting at, but didn't really want to outright say.

Protec, I know you think such a thing is preposterous, but if someone had told you months ago that you would do things like break through her door or hit her, you would've had the same reaction of disbelief.

The reality is, you have an anger issue and admittedly have a documented history of episodes where you were unable to control your rage. And that's what's so unsettling about the direction of this story. People do horrible, unthinkable things when they are blinded by rage. Heck, the existence of voluntary manslaughter shows that. Not intending to do harm to someone doesn't mean you aren't capable of it.

• Like 1