daughter dating a "recovering" addict

Originally posted by Rosalind

Do NOT listen to POCKY....I can't believe how cruel, rude, cynical, and verbally abusive she has been in the the past to scarlyjones who came on this forum adding a fresh new perspective, and PLENTY of know first-hand knowledge about addictions.....

I happen to have agreed with Scarly on some of her points, but I think you might be too distracted with your infatuation with me to have noticed. It's quite flattering!

Originally posted by Pocky

I think you might be too distracted with your infatuation with me to have noticed. It's quite flattering!

Uhmmm.....maybe you should re-read my post, NOTHING to be flattered about.

scarlyjones

Okaaay, people,.....crypts on THIS side,....bloods on THIS side.....chiiiiiIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIiiiIiiIIIIIiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllLLLLL

Mmmm...Boo-boo (I'm gonna stick to that Scarly, it was too good to resist), I disagree! An addict can be fully recovered if they die clean! We like to give their surviving family members the "lifetime coin" (nothing sinister about the quotations marks for all you grammar junkies) and congratulate them for supporting the addict on their wonderful success to the end.

But yeah, outside of death, we're recovering for life. Happily so too!

Oh, and to the Original Poster (that's OP, right?), I think you've been given some very usefull suggestions. I would just reiterate - don't loan money! The fact that this goof is trying to alienate you from your daughter is something you can exploit (yes I said it) by taking the high road and refusing to play that game. Simply inquire about his well being in a polite fashion, make friendly noises at whatever response you get, and move on to the next topic. Your daughter will see, by your example, how a situation SHOULD be handled and she will note how it is being handled elsewhere.

scarlyjones
Originally posted by New_Wife

Mmmm...Boo-boo (I'm gonna stick to that Scarly, it was too good to resist), I disagree! An addict can be fully recovered if they die clean! We like to give their surviving family members the "lifetime coin" (nothing sinister about the quotations marks for all you grammar junkies) and congratulate them for supporting the addict on their wonderful success to the end.

But yeah, outside of death, we're recovering for life. Happily so too!

Oh, and to the Original Poster (that's OP, right?), I think you've been given some very usefull suggestions. I would just reiterate - don't loan money! The fact that this goof is trying to alienate you from your daughter is something you can exploit (yes I said it) by taking the high road and refusing to play that game. Simply inquire about his well being in a polite fashion, make friendly noises at whatever response you get, and move on to the next topic. Your daughter will see, by your example, how a situation SHOULD be handled and she will note how it is being handled elsewhere.

So wait a minute. Just so I have this right,....how is it that you disagree with me?????

Giggle/Snort - not much, that's for sure.

You said never fully recovered, and I tongue in cheek brought up the exception of dying clean. NO worries - we speak the same langage still.

miss-gonewest

Did we ever hear back from 2zmom or did we lose her in the battle of wills here? :D

If you are out there 2zmom, let us know how things work out with your daughter.

We wish you well.