Flakey dude to drop now or wait for our date and decide after?

• Author
kztar! Oh god girl...run! Hun, you know your better than this and you know this guy is a bad idea 100%. After everything you've been through with your last breakup you deserve a sane, stable man.

Girl I really hope you put an end to any communication with this guy. Just say, "This isnt going to work out, sorry."

End of story. Block him.

I'm so glad you reached out and posted, I know sometimes we get caught up in things and cant see clearly. But now you have your answer, run girly

Hey Dis, glad to hear from you again. Im happy to see you're doing well with your boyfriend.

Yes unfortunately this guy is a REALLY BAD idea. I have been through a very long and hard process the last couple of months and it took a whole lot of me to be where I am today after that breakup, but im in a better place.

I will not continue to speak to him any further as I don't need to engage in drama, specially after all my struggles. This would be a MAJOR headache in the future. I've learned to follow my gut and everyone here has helped me better confirmed.

• Like 1
Hey Dis, glad to hear from you again. Im happy to see you're doing well with your boyfriend.

Yes unfortunately this guy is a REALLY BAD idea. I have been through a very long and hard process the last couple of months and it took a whole lot of me to be where I am today after that breakup, but im in a better place.

I will not continue to speak to him any further as I don't need to engage in drama, specially after all my struggles. This would be a MAJOR headache in the future. I've learned to follow my gut and everyone here has helped me better confirmed.

Oh girl I know the past couple months have been hard, but your doing so great getting back out there..dusting yourself off. Dont be too hard on yourself about this guy, you figured it out quickly.

Just want to remind you about red flags (An issue we've both stuggled with) When this guy ghosted you after your break up, why did you decide to talk to him again? Was it just for fun? If it was I can understand that, been there....this guy that was a total douche stood me up a few months ago, after that I thought, eh I'll just have fun with him...bad idea...he kept disappointing me.

If a guy waves a red flag, walk away right there no matter what your intentions are with him. Hes showing you his true colors, believe him the first time.

And thank you! Things with my bf are going great! :D

Keep posting and keep us updated about your adventures in dating. So glad your not going to talk to this crazy guy anymore. When one door closes, another opens! :D

• Like 1
Thank you. Everyone here has confirmed what I already knew. Well, time to keep moving so NEXT :p

Right on, sister!

• Like 1
I forgot to mention, he was also in the military before so he also has other high end weapons in his house like light machine guns. I really should of been running. LOL :eek:

Why on earth would any one need to have something like that in the house? Here the people who have guns have them for a reason. Farmers and sports men for animal control and hunting. Gangsters for a goal term in the making... Hardly any of them have anything as big or powerful as a machine gun... that is just asking for trouble. To be blunt over here someone who had a machine gun better keep it in a museum or they would be arrested and thought of as a druggie or just plain weird.

Does NY have a major rat problem or something?

kztar just get rid for crying out loud... No more thinking about this guy. You have wasted far to much time on him already ad its only got worse not better. Next time someone flakes. Let them!!!

• Like 1
kztar.... in your original post you wrote this.

Well, after hanging out a few times he ghosted and I honestly didn't care. ....

Completely agree. Once I read this it was enough for me, but read on anticipating some major redeeming features. Instead the litany of red flags only got worse. OP I'm flabbergasted as to why you're even considering this guy even for a nano second!

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh girl I know the past couple months have been hard, but your doing so great getting back out there..dusting yourself off. Dont be too hard on yourself about this guy, you figured it out quickly.

Just want to remind you about red flags (An issue we've both stuggled with) When this guy ghosted you after your break up, why did you decide to talk to him again? Was it just for fun? If it was I can understand that, been there....this guy that was a total douche stood me up a few months ago, after that I thought, eh I'll just have fun with him...bad idea...he kept disappointing me.

If a guy waves a red flag, walk away right there no matter what your intentions are with him. Hes showing you his true colors, believe him the first time.

And thank you! Things with my bf are going great! :D

Keep posting and keep us updated about your adventures in dating. So glad your not going to talk to this crazy guy anymore. When one door closes, another opens! :D

Thank you for the reminder. I needed that. Good thing I can get advise here. I will continue posting about my adventures and getting better at this thing :)

Thank you for the reminder. I needed that. Good thing I can get advise here. I will continue posting about my adventures and getting better at this thing :)

You will get better at this.

Trust me - I was useless when I first headed out into the great wide world of dating...

At least it makes for some great stories!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
Why on earth would any one need to have something like that in the house? Here the people who have guns have them for a reason. Farmers and sports men for animal control and hunting. Gangsters for a goal term in the making... Hardly any of them have anything as big or powerful as a machine gun... that is just asking for trouble. To be blunt over here someone who had a machine gun better keep it in a museum or they would be arrested and thought of as a druggie or just plain weird.

Does NY have a major rat problem or something?

kztar just get rid for crying out loud... No more thinking about this guy. You have wasted far to much time on him already ad its only got worse not better. Next time someone flakes. Let them!!!

I thought of the same LOL. I've never been to his place just remembered that he showed me on facetime not too long ago. He said it was one of his toys. His "toys" are not cool.

So we live in NYC and there are is a major rat problem in the subway. There's tons of huge, disgusting rats, however, he can't just use his "toy" to kill them or anything like that. Technically I have no idea why he has such weapon because he can't use it. You get arrested for even carrying a pocket knife in NYC. I believe he is only allowed to keep weapons because he is a cop.

Im done with this guy.

• Author
Completely agree. Once I read this it was enough for me, but read on anticipating some major redeeming features. Instead the litany of red flags only got worse. OP I'm flabbergasted as to why you're even considering this guy even for a nano second!

He's no longer considered at all. He can go elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Author
You will get better at this.

Trust me - I was useless when I first headed out into the great wide world of dating...

At least it makes for some great stories!!!

Absolutely. I know my mom always tells me that unfortunately when people are young they make stupid mistakes. She tells me the young people become stupid when they're dating until they get experience and they learn how to read past the BS before the first date.

Im constantly learning so that's exciting.

His "toys" are not cool.

No they are not. I can understand stamps, trains, motor bikes even PC's and gaming but that? Nah. Bloke is a moron and not worth five seconds. Just walk away.

Your Mum is a wise woman.

• Like 1
DevotedBaker54

Dating is tough and it's hard to find the right person. I think that if you have this many concerns, especially this early on in your "relationship". then it's probably best not to continue on. If he has anger and control issues then they are just going to escalate.

I think you deserve someone who loves you and makes you feel valued and it sounds like this guy just causes you trouble.

Wait for the guy who is right for you :) He will be worth it!

Best of luck!

• Like 1
Lois_Griffin

LOL.

The minute I read, "He's an NYPD officer..." I stopped reading. I honestly don't even know how your post ends but it doesn't matter.

Don't date cops.

Most of them are egoistical a*ssholes with a God complex and a horrible reputation for being some of the biggest cheaters on the planet.

Seriously.

Avoid them like the plague.

• Like 1
  • Author
Dating is tough and it's hard to find the right person. I think that if you have this many concerns, especially this early on in your "relationship". then it's probably best not to continue on. If he has anger and control issues then they are just going to escalate.

I think you deserve someone who loves you and makes you feel valued and it sounds like this guy just causes you trouble.

Wait for the guy who is right for you :) He will be worth it!

Best of luck!

Hi Devoted. Thanks for the great advice. I think you hit the nail with the feeling valued. This guy wasn't going to do that. I liked and still like him but I have gone NC with this guy for my own sanity. He was controlling and was inconsistent even with calling and texting. Haven't spoken to him but have seen him all over social media. I wasn't emotionally attached to him so this doesn't bother me one bit. Yes wayyy too many issues so early on, that's a bad start as it is.

Plus I went through a really rough breakup in January, the last thing I need is more drama just a few months later when im literally just recovering from this.

• Author
LOL.

The minute I read, "He's an NYPD officer..." I stopped reading. I honestly don't even know how your post ends but it doesn't matter.

Don't date cops.

Most of them are egoistical a*ssholes with a God complex and a horrible reputation for being some of the biggest cheaters on the planet.

Seriously.

Avoid them like the plague.

Hey Lois_Griffin your statement is very true and accurate though. They are the biggest cheaters. They tell their gfs and wives they're working OT and in reality they're not. I've seen it with friends and family but I don't get involved. Sadly a lot of these COPS are online dating and I happen to bump into them everywhere. In real life in bars, clubs, Online dating literally EVERYWHERE. Everytime I meet someone and ask them so "what do you do for a living, they hit me with the "IM A COP" line and im just like ERRR again.

Anyways this guy, has gone to my blacklist.

stillafool

So we live in NYC and there are is a major rat problem in the subway. There's tons of huge, disgusting rats, however, he can't just use his "toy" to kill them or anything like that.

Yuk! Are the rats on the subway with the people? What do the people do when they see the rats?

• Like 1
  • Author
Yuk! Are the rats on the subway with the people? What do the people do when they see the rats?

Well the summer is right around the corner and the rats are about to be ALL over the subway tracks. They are not on the actual trains but rather on the tracks. When you're waiting for the train you can see them and stuff. No one does anything about them but the city. Of course some people get freaked out and whatnot but as long as they are not on the actual train people are used to it. I don't know what they do but the city tries to control the issue.

However they are GROSS and huge. :eek:

stillafool

They are huge. The last time I was in NYC I saw one and thought it was a cat and someone saild no it's a rat. I was horrifyed.

• Like 1
  • Author
They are huge. The last time I was in NYC I saw one and thought it was a cat and someone saild no it's a rat. I was horrifyed.

LOL im pretty sure that cats are scared of these rats as they can either be the same size or bigger than the cats. :laugh: