Are people still finding people to date on these dating sites?

ilovemusic3

guitardude31

I would argue too many, especially women, conflate contentment with complacency. Im sorry but there is no way men are the primary cause for 70-90% of divorce rates being initiated by females.

One could just as easily make the argument that women don't do remotely enough romancing on there own end. Considering how hard guys have to work just to get said female its perfectly understandable that they dont want to constantly feel the need to put on a song and dance. Men are just generally easier to please, that hardly makes them the bad party.

That being said all fires need to be occasionally restoked and given fresh fuel. Perfectly reasonable. The evidence however suggests disproportionately unrealistic expectations on the female side. It's seen as far more culturally acceptable to blame the men.

Edited by guitardude31
LookAtThisPOst
I would argue too many, especially women, conflate contentment with complacency. Im sorry but there is no way men are the primary cause for 70-90% of divorce rates being initiated by females.

One could just as easily make the argument that women don't do remotely enough romancing on there own end. Considering how hard guys have to work just to get said female its perfectly understandable that they dont want to constantly feel the need to put on a song and dance. Men are just generally easier to please, that hardly makes them the bad party.

That being said all fires need to be occasionally restoked and given fresh fuel. Perfectly reasonable. The evidence however suggests disproportionately unrealistic expectations on the female side. It's seen as far more culturally acceptable to blame the men.

I know what you mean, but I had heard that the "other side of the story" that men...once they snag a woman/wife...they figure, "I don't need to romance/win her over anymore, I can sit in my recliner and do nothing all weekend and watch football."

There was a woman I knew, where the boyfriends in her life, once they got comfortable after 2 or 3 years...they started doing less and less to contribute to the relationship. She hardly asked for favors, until one day she really needed him and he wouldn't even do that.

• Author
ilovemusic3

First I ask what they were up to today, then what they're looking for, then what they like to do for fun, then i ask about 1 of the things they named that they like to do and I tell them my answers for all these. What should I be asking and saying instead?

Photos.

FULL BODY please.

I'm tired of the myspace angle selfies of women 35yrs+.

Profile after profile of cleavage & forehead.:mad:

Really?

This is true. These types of pics can be misleading. A 300lb woman can look 100lbs lighter. Wierd how that angle works.

In my experience guys respond best to full body shots that are taken in well lit areas with a good camera.

I used a full body shot when I was OLD as my profile pic. Worked like a charm.

First I ask what they were up to today, then what they're looking for, then what they like to do for fun, then i ask about 1 of the things they named that they like to do and I tell them my answers for all these. What should I be asking and saying instead?

Hun dont overthink it...the right guy will carry on a conversation with you. The wrong one wont.

Yeah that's a pretty bland conversation. Most of us don't have exciting daily lives. I think with the right person a conversation just clicks and it's effortless, and you shouldn't have to stress about the right or wrong things to say. Online and in real life. It depends on your own personality, but I think things like the 36 questions to fall in love are interesting (google it) or even silly questions like- who would win a battle of the bands- Metallica or Guns and Roses? A guy asked me what was the best thing that happened to me in the last hour, and it started a cute conversation. Another guy asked me if I picked him because of his sweet bowling picture which also started a fun conversation. Also, if they take too long to ask me out, I call them out on it. It either works or it doesn't, but who likes to waste time? Not me.

I also think of OLD as just another way to meet men- but it's not the only way to meet men. I think of it like, having an account can't hurt, but don't put all your eggs in the OLD basket.

SilverAccount

Tinder is a Hook-up app, I usually use it as a confidence boost, but try to be light and flirty and the guys will maybe come flowing.

Change your profile update your pictures are good starting points.