I think it's time to finally let go

It's your fault.

Jeez, Im all about being honest about things on this forum but thats a little harsh. He said she tried to work it out.

Sometimes things don't work out, as much as you or the other person tries. You said yourself she told you she was trying to work on things but it jut didnt work for her... these things happen unfortunately.She could have been lying, but we dont know. At least she told you now than keep leading a lie. You guys tried, and you should be grateful for that.

Getting over her is going to be hard, but the best thing to do is not contact her anymore. You seem to be really good at keeping your space like you explained. Everyone ha moments where they are upset about the breakup too, so don't be so hard on yourself. Work on improving your life without her, go out with friends and stay busy as much as you can! It will make the process much more easier.

Jeez, Im all about being honest about things on this forum but thats a little harsh. He said she tried to work it out.

Sometimes things don't work out, as much as you or the other person tries. You said yourself she told you she was trying to work on things but it jut didnt work for her... these things happen unfortunately.She could have been lying, but we dont know. At least she told you now than keep leading a lie. You guys tried, and you should be grateful for that.

The hardest lesson I learned is that words and actions need to match. She said she was trying to work it out, but her actions never translated into that. It's a lesson learned for the OP, and it's often a lesson learned the hard way. I'm sure that deep down, he knew she wasn't really trying to work it out. I think that feeling "led on" is normal because we blind ourselves to the reality. We only see what we want to see.

• Like 3

She tried to work it out? Where in that 3 years of on and off? What's harsh is investing your life in a relationship that has been consistently up and down. At some point you become fully accountable for staying in a situation that has kept you too long in uncertainty and instability. It becomes no one else's fault but yours.

• Like 2