Corruption of Christianity

Cablebandit
Jesus' followers believed Jesus is the Prophet like Moses and the Anointed One (Mashiach/Christ) on the throne of King David forever. I also believe the same. :)

Of course people who don't believe in him have the right to not believe, and explain why.

One of the corruptions in Christian circles is when Christians begin to persecute the people who did not accept who Jesus said He is. That is horrible, because it goes against Jesus' commands to love even enemies. Antisemitism in Hellenized Christianity begin when Gentile Christians got mad at Jewish people who rejected Jesus Christ.

My Jewish Orthodox friends reject what I believe about Jesus Christ, and I understand why. They have explained to me why they don't believe in him. They have the right and I love them no matter what they think about Jesus. I have no desire to hurt them or force what I believe on them. They know what I believe and as long as I'm not hurting them or forcing them to believe the same, they are fine with me. :)

One of the greatest crimes in Christian history is when Gentile Christians began to persecute Jewish people, as well as when Christians begin to persecute Natives and other people groups who did not accept Jesus. This has happened off and on for centuries, and I do believe God will hold Christians accountable for how they treat other people.

The scholarly opinion is that Moses is a legendary figure and not a real person. The Exodus did not happen as the bible purports either. I am not sure how such belief can be built on so many false premises.

BetheButterfly
The scholarly opinion is that Moses is a legendary figure and not a real person. The Exodus did not happen as the bible purports either.

Scholars are diverse. Definitely those most inclined not to believe won't believe.

Moses lived in a time without the technology we appreciate today. Because of this, it's very easy for some scholars nowadays to deny his existence.

However, the Children of Israel have for thousands of years remembered Moses. Moses is like their Julius Caesar, in a way, because he became a powerful leader for his people.

As for the Exodus, it would be great if scholars would invent a time machine to go back in time, in order to prove or disprove their diverse beliefs. Until we can go back in time, much of scholarly research is based on assumptions where all of the information is not given.

I am not sure how such belief can be built on so many false premises.

Because the Children of Israel did not consider their history false. While nowadays some Jewish people have become Atheists and thus doubt their history (which is their right to do), some continue to hold on to their ancient history in a way that is very admirable. Year after year, they continue to remember the festivals and traditions their people have done for thousands of years.
Cablebandit

Actually, the scholarly consensus is that Jesus did exist, he just wasn't divine.

As far as the Exodus goes, I'm not sure what more we need. The evidence that should be there supporting the Exodus as the bible claims, is not there. Ask someone who has been to Seminary school...they do not teach that the Exodus happened the way the bible says.

Here is a great forum to learn more about the history of Christianity as well as the meaning of the texts

https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/

• Like 1
BetheButterfly
Actually, the scholarly consensus is that Jesus did exist, he just wasn't divine.

Jesus talked about Moses, saying that Moses wrote about him. Personally, I do believe Jesus is divine.

Jesus is closer to our time than Moses is.

As far as the Exodus goes, I'm not sure what more we need. The evidence that should be there supporting the Exodus as the bible claims, is not there.

The evidence could have been washed away. I mean, thousands of years ago, the USA looked very different than it does today. Many Native villages dotted the landscape. Do we have much evidence of their existence? Not really. Why? Some evidence was burned. Some evidence was destroyed by rain and floods. Other evidence simply eroded with old age.

Some evidence is just simply not found yet. For example, Jerusalem is a treasure cove of hidden past, with layers of history spanning different people groups. Can archeologists freely go and dig up certain areas? Nope. I think if they could, there would be more evidence proving the Bible, though definitely a lot of the evidence has destroyed or has decayed.

Ask someone who has been to Seminary school...they do not teach that the Exodus happened the way the bible says.

Seminaries are diverse. Some teach that Exodus is true; others do not.

Here is a great forum to learn more about the history of Christianity as well as the meaning of the texts

https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/

What do you think of this site?

"Abraham didn't Exist?" "Moses a myth"?

Abraham didn't exist? Moses a myth? Archeological and historical evidence of Biblical accuracy

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/AcademicBiblical/][/url]

Cablebandit
Jesus talked about Moses, saying that Moses wrote about him. Personally, I do believe Jesus is divine.

Jesus is closer to our time than Moses is.

The evidence could have been washed away. I mean, thousands of years ago, the USA looked very different than it does today. Many Native villages dotted the landscape. Do we have much evidence of their existence? Not really. Why? Some evidence was burned. Some evidence was destroyed by rain and floods. Other evidence simply eroded with old age.

Some evidence is just simply not found yet. For example, Jerusalem is a treasure cove of hidden past, with layers of history spanning different people groups. Can archeologists freely go and dig up certain areas? Nope. I think if they could, there would be more evidence proving the Bible, though definitely a lot of the evidence has destroyed or has decayed.

Seminaries are diverse. Some teach that Exodus is true; others do not.

What do you think of this site?

"Abraham didn't Exist?" "Moses a myth"?

Abraham didn't exist? Moses a myth? Archeological and historical evidence of Biblical accuracy

It is a typical apologetics site. read what is said about Mr Albright now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_F._Albright

In that link click "biblical archaeology" and in THAT link click on "polemic"

You can get a sense of how he did his research...not in a"looking for the truth" way but in a "looking toi support my premise" way.

Wiki ought to give you several good references here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus