Who believes in psychics?

Cablebandit
my former mother in law had this talent on a level of social /environment. she could sense things. one day we were watching the news... And with a "basic" news line the media was asking for any information. out of my mother in laws mouth came- it was the mother. We all just went silent. Months went by. The media died down... Then one night the news popped up with the News and the arrest.. Of the mother. We all just looked over at my in law and she said... took them long enough... And the "bag" they are still seeking is in her one sons toy chest. This lady would randomly make these odd statements and was not wrong.

I've met the genuine.. the sensitory readers... And while I've had premonitions, it's been random and rarely worth a career.

I don't entirely dismiss the heightened skills some have... Just am keen on weeding out the con artist..

James randi, was intriguing for his ability to scientifically disprove some of the shysters. he made a book and a few studies on this subject. I liked his tenacity to expose the truth.. He really was entertaining .

James Randi was offering a lot of money for psychics to prove themselves and they ALL failed. Proof people will believe anything they WANT to believe despite evidence to the contrary.

James Randi was offering a lot of money for psychics to prove themselves and they ALL failed. Proof people will believe anything they WANT to believe despite evidence to the contrary.

True there is a reward for any group that can prevail on his "strict" guidelines of what meets this ability.

In his books he specifically does NOT deny that there are things which cannot as of yet be explained and deserve a place in the phenomenon.

He very much admired the likes of Houdini and other magicians who did have a knack for skills and classified talents. Even on the paranormal.

I'd suggest reading up on psychic abilities, there are some folks that have no desire to profit off their skills . My Mother in law was one of them, she just accepted it and sadly also had to know that humans are capable of very atrocious deeds....with her gift came the burden.

I would only want the gift for a day...to solve some mysteries or unresolved kidnappings....at least then the families could have some resolution...

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

I've visited a number of psychics over the years mostly for sh*ts and giggles. Some were good and some were seriously reaching.

Having said that, I do think some people have a "gift". I've managed to come across two that have been frighteningly bang on and so many of their predictions have come true.

The way I see it is that at the end of the day, we all have the power to change the course of our lives so take it all with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

I think it's sleight of hand. But just like religion, I also believe that if it makes someone feel better or provides that person serenity then it is overall a good thing regardless of whether or not it is factual true.

• Like 1

There are some good ones but more bad ones just doing it for money. Unless she was mining you for info and you didn't notice, you found a good one.

I had a good one, but remember, none of them are good all the time. It's just not a reliable gift. I think it has to do with communicating with spirits and the spirits giving you info psychically and the problem is it's hard to communicate that way. You might get a word or two or symbols to convey the message. Other times you might get nothing.

I had the craziest experience the other day. My aunt gave me a gift certificate at the place she likes to get her nails done for my birthday. She casually mentions, oh they do facials there too. I go in and start getting my pedicure, and the woman who gives facials is being super friendly and talkative the entire time.

When I go into the room to get my facial, she starts asking me typical get-to-know you questions (where are you from, what do you do), but something was very different. It's like I felt her poking around in my mind. Then she says- you've had a really traumatic experience, haven't you? And honestly I've had a few, but what was on my mind at the moment was the car accident that happened a few years ago. I think about it every so often when pain in my neck and upper back starts to flare up, which is happening right now. She says- a car accident right? Me- yes, how did you know? Her- you were hit by a truck, weren't you? On the freeway? That was like, okay...WOAH. Her- It was a big white truck, right? A newer one? Something was very frightening about the experience, something with the driver of the truck...

And this conversation goes on.

She just knew things about me, and kept finishing my sentences which was also crazy. She said she was a clairvoyant and could easily see into my mind because I also have psychic abilities (?!) and asked me if I knew that about myself. She said I'm very perceptive and observant, which is definitely true. I've always thought I had a high emotional IQ and do notice tons of details all the time about everything-people, environment, situations. She predicted things about my future, even going into specifics.

Sooooo now I'm thinking I may just start to see her more often and the worst that will come of it is having really amazing skin, lol. Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? I've had my palm read once. I've always thought it was interesting and never really believed in it. But experiencing it firsthand was just nuts.

Your Aunt goes to that salon. Could she have told this woman about these things? I would not assume anyone was psychic until I had ruled out absolutely any other way they could have found out about private experiences.

• Author

I'm really close with this Aunt, she had no idea this woman was a psychic. I spoke to her right after I left the salon to tell her all about what happened. I mean, I can count on one hand the people who know the details of my car accident the way this woman described them. What's mostly strange is that she literally was describing what was in my head at that moment. For example, I was trying to relax while she was setting up to give me a facial, and my accident was flashing through my mind because my back was hurting. Remembering it usually makes me feel what I felt that day- sad and afraid. At that moment she asked if I'd had a traumatic experience, I said yes, she says "A car accident?" Me- yes her- "Wow, it was really scary wasn't it? You were hit by a white truck? A big new one?"

I went back in the other day to get a gift certificate for my best friend for her birthday, lol. I told her we have to go in together. I have to know more! lol.

Some people are gifted. Some more than others. Usually not those people who advertise themselves as psychics :).

I was / am immensely skeptical of those, but I accidentally met a few. It's like being abnormal, people with really psychic abilities would hide these traits because it's what makes them different. They won't parade it around to make money out of it.

Some people are gifted. Some more than others. Usually not those people who advertise themselves as psychics :).

I was / am immensely skeptical of those, but I accidentally met a few. It's like being abnormal, people with really psychic abilities would hide these traits because it's what makes them different. They won't parade it around to make money out of it.

I knew you were gonna say that.

Justanaverageguy

I used to be a 100% skeptic thought it was total crap until a couple of years ago when I had some direct experiences myself. To be clear I am not a psychic and couldnt reliably predict what I'm having for lunch tomorrow but have had some "experiences" in that area whilst performing some pretty heavy duty meditation and Kundalini practices. Prefer not to go into them in detail as people tend to think anyone who talks about this type of thing to be either a liar ... crazy .... or both :) But suffice to say it changed my tune on these types of things.

But after my experiences I wasn't happy simply saying wow that was pretty crazy and putting it down to some mystical woo woo type deal that was unable to be understood. I have a very analytical and scientific brain and background so I was determined to understand how this kind of thing - 6th sense - might actually be possible from a scientific standpoint. My background is in IT and specifically I have degrees in data communications, Wireless communications and antenna design. So I took the principles from those fields and applied it to the human body to see what I could find. I came up with some pretty interesting results specifically with the human circulatory system.

From an engineering standpoint the circulatory system is designed exactly like a fractal antenna. It follows whats called a "fractal tree" structure which also happens to be a well known multiband wireless antenna design. The blood that flows through it is also diamagnetic meaning it becomes magnetically induced if passed through a magnetic field and then can also radiate electrical impulses as a electomagnetic wave or conversely receive them. The human heart creates the strongest magnetic field in the body which the blood passes through to become slightly diamagnetic and the heart also applies an electrical impulse which is passed into the circulatory system (heart beat). So as an engineer looking at it - it has everything required to act as an antenna. In fact as an engineer its improbable to think that it was designed in this manner and does not serve this purpose.

I've been working with a couple of biologists at a university in Germany running some experiments where we used 3d printers to create a small model of the human circulatory system and then used a pump and current probe to simulate the heart and its magnetic field. When we added real blood into the system we were able to clearly pick up FM radio. Not kidding - the statement listen to your heart might have some real scientific basis. I got the idea from some salt water antennas the navy started producing for war ships.

I not only think the 6th sense is a real phenomenen I think there is some legitimate and testible scientific evidence to support it.

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 2
  • Author

That is absolutely fascinating! I knew there was a good reason I posted this thread. Am I understanding correctly, you're saying that emotions or how people respond to each other's emotions originates in our bloodstream?

JuanDelToro

People who actually have studied (in depth) and practiced the occult (for years) can develop divination powers. It is not a gift, it`s a skill that anyone can learn as long as they put in effort and time (as with any other skill).

Admittedly 9 out of 10, of the so called psychics, are fraudsters doing cold readings or suffer from delusions. The fun factor is high though, if you know what seeds to plant when you`re getting a `read`. :)

Really good divinators are usually left hand path magickians that simply don`t care telling other people`s fortune, but they rather use divination for other workings.

Justanaverageguy
That is absolutely fascinating! I knew there was a good reason I posted this thread. Am I understanding correctly, you're saying that emotions or how people respond to each other's emotions originates in our bloodstream?

I wouldn't say the emotional response originates in the blood stream - my testing was really limited to trying to find a mechanism that the body could use to transmit receive that hadn't already been recognized by western science. So from my testing the circulatory system provides that. The veins/ atteries and blood serving as the antenna. The heart (and potentially other organs) serving to encode and decode information that is sent received. So what I would say is that it is entirely possible the heart encodes emotional information into your heartbeat which the circulatory system then radiates out. Likewise if your in close proximity to someone it could be possible for your system to then read and interpret what they are radiating out. Obviously further research is required but I think it offers some food for thought and takes away some of the "magic" and "woo woo" and gives a possibility to explain how a 6th sense could work with our current understanding of science.

One thing I have found with testing is that the strength of the magnetic field used greatly effects the performance of this system. To pick up FM radio we used a magnetic field much stronger then the one the heart produces. With a weaker field the distance the signal can be transmitted or received over is much shorter and reception is not as good for obvious reasons. This is to be expected but also might explain why this "gift" isn't possible for all. Perhaps only those who's heart produces a strong enough magnetic field are able to access this. I know when I had my experiences it was while practicing kundalini yoga which aims to raise the energy within ones system which would explain why I had these temporary experiences that I'm not usually capable of.

There is actually a group studying in a similar area specifically trying to link heart beat patterns with emotional states. It's called heart math there are a couple of cool Ted talks they have done in the past.

• Like 2

There we have it folks, the human body is an enormous vibrational receiver, which is what all those mystics have been saying all along for the past 5,000yrs. I mean it couldn't be hard to see it, it runs on electricity, neurons firing is pretty much the same as any data network. The blood is magnetic because it contains iron.

Now maybe all those people freaking out about EMF actually have a point.

• Like 2
TaraMaiden2
Who believes in psychics?

Hang on, let me check my crystal ball...

Wooooo.....

Oh.

No, apparently, I don't.

• Like 1
Justanaverageguy
There we have it folks, the human body is an enormous vibrational receiver, which is what all those mystics have been saying all along for the past 5,000yrs. I mean it couldn't be hard to see it, it runs on electricity, neurons firing is pretty much the same as any data network. The blood is magnetic because it contains iron.

Now maybe all those people freaking out about EMF actually have a point.

I definitely agree for the most part - obviously that's why I was looking into this :) But I try not to make extravegent claims without all the evidence to support it. If you want to be taken seriously by scientists and intelligent people who are naturally skeptical I find it best to gather as much evidence as possible and present it without attaching those types of claims. Baby steps. I'm a previous skeptic so I know how people look at things like this. Showing a working model with solid scientific explanation minus grandiose claims is the best way forward.

Also regarding the iron - it definitely does play a part in how this works - but it's ferromagnetic like a bar magnet. It's primarily a different type of magnetism to what I'm talking aboutwith this system. The salt water - plasma - is actually the most important ingredient in making the blood act as the conducting fluid in the antenna which I am sure to most is kind of surprising :)

Edited by Justanaverageguy
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Hyperion227

Sorry, only just reading this thread. Please, please do not let anyone tell you they are a psychic. Look up James Randi, he exposes fake psychics and he has learned the techniques so well he can convince people of his abilities but then he admits it was a fraud.

Ask yourself, why are they always so vague? If you come across someone claiming to be a psychic, go straight in and ask very specific information. Don't settle for 'do you know someone called Fred?', ask the psychic to get Fred to tell them his middle name, surname, date of birth, exact height, exact regiment if in the army. They won't be able to and there's no good reason why the dead person speaking to them just gives vague information.

• 1 month later...

I'm so tired, my eyes are trying to close on me, so I'll have to come back. I believe they exist, but I don't believe that everyone who claims to be psychic, actually is.

I thought about starting a thread, asking about one in particular - a well-known medium. I'm not sure if I want to.