walking to lose fat ?

• Author
Audacious
Good source of high quality protein...Don't overcook, though...Some of those places burn those things to a crisp, which along with ruining the taste, just about destroys the nutrient potential..

Don't worry too much about cholesterol..Studies have shown that although once egg yolks were considered a no no, now researchers say it was overblown.Don't eat only the whites...Body needs some of the yolks to get full benefit..

TFY

Is there any daily limit for eggs ? I read that one egg has about 100 , so that means 500 for five scrambled eggs , that is a helluva fuel to start the day .

Not disagreeing necessarily with your point, however not having good muscle tone will put you in all kinds of peril as you start to age..Man or woman....Just being slim with no muscle tone is probably worse than being slightly overweight, IMO...

Now and again, I've got into the whole gym thing and had personal training sessions. I'm a mesomorph, so I put on muscle quite easily. Fitness instructors love that, and being very keen on the highly muscled look, they're likely to show me something like this as being a look to aspire to.

But for me, I prefer a softer and less bulky look. Honestly, the prospect of ending up looking like that is part of why I'm reluctant to train with weights and why I prefer strength training that relies on body weight (eg callanetics). I don't think it's necessary to have that degree of muscle tone for long term health. I know it's one of these things that people who are very into the gym and people who aren't will disagree eternally about. I use the gym sometimes, but I really don't enjoy the environment.

I'd rather do callanetics in a quiet, chilled out environment, go for a long walk, play tennis or do something else that feels enjoyable or at least serves a useful purpose (beyond getting fit) - like carrying my shopping home, or cleaning the flat or whatever.

I think there's not really a one size fits all solution regarding individual exercise needs. You have to consider things like the person's natural body type, what they want to look like, what they're temperamentally suited to etc. If a person is going to really not enjoy the time they spend in the gym then either they won't stick to it or they'll be leading a lifestyle that might feel virtuous and self disciplined, but that they don't particularly enjoy. And it's important for people to aim for a lifestyle that they find enjoyable as well as healthy.

For an ectomorph who really wants to bulk up then yes...they're probably going to need something extra, because they're trying to transform their body into a look that it perhaps wasn't naturally designed to have. Ectomorphs, for instance, are geared more towards activities like dancing.

So you could get a dancing ectomorph who has fantastic muscle tone purely as a result of being involved in a very strenuous form of dance - which their particular body type was pretty much made for. A lot of them will do weight training to supplement their dancing routine - but even without weight training, ballet dancers of both genders (and regardless of their body type) are very strong and muscular people. Not in the way that weight lifters are strong and muscular - because dancers also have to be light and graceful. But very strong nonetheless.

One of my customers(woman) recently had a shoulder( rotator cuff) problem..She is slim, but has no tone...I don't think she injured it doing anything strenuous, but probably just a light tear..Had it surgically repaired, and even well after a year, she has limited range of motion..I had the same injury, but judging from what she told me, ID gather my injury was more severe..No surgery for me, and while it took a solid 8 months, I have about as much strength as before and full range of motion...And the injury is "still there" for me...I just have enough body muscle to overcome it, and not rely as heavily as she does...We are approx the same age..

If she's naturally slim without much muscle tone, then she is almost certainly an ectomorph. High metabolism naturally, tending to burn fat very easily but it's much harder for them to put on muscle unless they're involved in one of the "what they were built to do" pastimes such as very physically strenuous dance. My best friend at school was a very slim ectomorph with absolutely no muscle. Well, that's a lie. Of course she had some muscle otherwise she wouldn't have been able to function physically, but compared to me she had none. I felt like a carthorse in comparison, even though I was active in sports and ballet. The ectomorph tends to be the ideal figure that very stereotypically feminine professions such as modelling and ballet promote to women as the ideal. They've got the fine bones, delicate ankles etc that are associated with beauty....but being weaker, may well be more prone to the kind of problems you're talking about in later life.

If the OP is overweight, he's probably an endomorph....and I suppose the best advice for him will come from a fellow endomorph who has defeated the "putting on fat easily" problem and got into great shape. But if he's a mesomorph who overeats and lives a sedentary life, a more active lifestyle is going to result in him putting on muscle.

It doesn't take much for mesomorphs to build up muscle. They've got the bodytype most geared to developing that bodybuilder physique. For those who are trying to lose fat but who seek to avoid rather than aspire to the bodybuilding look (and admittedly this tends to apply more to women than men), cardio is a better bet. We'll put on muscle with relatively little effort. Bodyweight training such as the callanetics I mentioned will achieve it. Somebody who doesn't have a mesomorph build won't believe that, because it's not their personal experience.

Or they might say "okay, you're a mesomorph and I think you're lucky - but I also think you could do better than you're doing, if only you'd agree to training with weights". It would probably be incorrect for a non mesomorph to deny, however, that the mesomorph can put on muscle without needing to work out regularly with weights. These are body types that don't need to do much work to build up muscle - though of course putting on fat can also be a problem for us (far more than the ectomorph, though less than the endomorph).

http://wiki-fitness.com/body-type-ectomorph-mesomorph-and-endomorph/

Edited by Taramere
Is there any daily limit for eggs ? I read that one egg has about 100 , so that means 500 for five scrambled eggs , that is a helluva fuel to start the day .

The latest studies show that a person who still eats meat can safely eat up to three eggs per day.

• Like 1
heartwhole

If you're doing five scrambled eggs, I would remove the yolks from two of them. All of the protein (6g) is in the whites, 75% of the calories are in the yolks (80 total, 60 in the yolk alone), and 100% of the cholesterol is in the yolks. So five eggs minus two yolks would be 280 calories and 30g of protein.

• Like 1
RecentChange
What kind of sliced bread is 125 calories a slice?? Most sliced bread averages 70-80/slice, and even the ones I buy that are packed with whole wheat and grains/seeds (more calories, but more fiber/nutrition) are 90/slice. I mean, I agree that too much bread isn't good, but I think we're overestimating the calories for the bread and the peanut butter sandwich (unless they're slathering gigantic gobs of PB&J onto the bread). My estimate of the OP's daily intake are about 200-300 cals lower than yours.

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/usda/white-bread

Of course, the point is probably moot since the OP can easily check their own bread packet for the nutrition info (those panels are your friend, OP!). :)

Yeah, agree. But I think the OP's main 'problem' is the 2 alcoholic drinks a day.

What kind of bread are you buying!? :D (maybe I need this low cal bread!)

I usually buy Milton's Multi-Grain, which is 110 calories a slice, or Dave's Bread, which is 110-140 calories a slice. This is pretty standard for whole grain bread.

Healthy Multi-Grain Bread | Milton's Baking

By the way guys : what do you think of eggs ? Are they healthy ? There is a place that serves omelettes cooked in olive oil. I don't know is that healthy ? Is it dense in calories ?

YES - whole eggs? Calorie dense. A whole egg has about 80 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein. An egg white on the other hand has 17 calories, and around 4 grams of protein.

Do not forget the 120 calories a table spoon in olive oil.

I like eggs - and I lost the most weight when I was eating 1-2 whole eggs a day. I would eat them soft boiled (I used a plug in tea kettle at work), along with some Akmak crackers (whole grain, low cal). For less than 200 calories I had a breakfast that would sustain me for hours.

For scrambled eggs / omelets - I simply cut out the number of yokes, I will have a "5 egg omelet" with 1-2 yokes, and all the rest whites. Still tastes great, less calories.

I also enjoy egg salad - again, mostly whites, a little light mayo, mustard and relish. Hard boiled eggs are a great snack and versatile.

• Like 1
  • Author

I knew that eggs are not good , nothing tastes this good without having a caloric punch .

I have completely eliminated the two drinks out of my daily routine , it will be a total of 4 doubles on the weekend , maybe less but never more than that .

I got used to speed walking , can sense that my stamina is improving , I have lost a few pounds , I don't look all that fat now , but I am still far from being fit either , but hey , at least it is going .

I have included grilled fish in my diet , althugh , I must say I am not too comfortable about it , there has to be some trick because it tastes good but it is healthy :confused: