My best friends don't support my engagement

....the meeting with 2 was during a fight and meeting another 2 was when I conned him out of missing an event.

You were fighting so that it was obvious to your friends on one occasion, and the other you conned him? Yikes!

Sounds like you are here to get support to marry him. Whether he's a jerk or not, the decision has to be yours.

I do not like my sisters husband AT ALL. I only met him at the wedding and the first time he was drunk and seemed nice enough. After he sobered up the next day he rubbed me the wrong way. My entire family hates him. And she met him online and got married in a short timeline like you.

So you know what I said to her? NOTHING! Why? Because it's none of my f'in bees wax.

I'm not the one who is going to live with her, make her happy when she is sad, nor put up with any of her chit that all women have.

She's an adult and can make up her own mind. If things don't work out I'll be there for her and never say I told you so (cause I didnt).

Real friends would do the same. They should only judge him based on how happy you are. What works for you might not work for them.

That said, it's not a bad idea to know someone longer before getting married.

todreaminblue
Thank you for for responding!!!!

Well they are suppose to be my best friends and yeah they keep going, are you sure? And telling me how concerned they are. They won't listen when I say or tell them how wonderful he is cus they already decided. It's frustrating because these friends haven't spent time with him. And people who have, adore him. He has a lot of good friends who have accepted me with open arms. I dunno why I'm stuck with these judgement stuck up people in my life.

He asked my friend if I would like some jewelry he bought for me and he texted her twice. And she just said, I dunno, sure. And that's it. He's helped her a lot like I said. I guess he wasn't obligated to help her either but did cus he's a good guy, he's really selfless and considerate with people.

I'm really frustrated. They don't care that he treats me well, they want him to act differently in front of them to accept him. Anyone is lucky to know this kind of person in their life.

you cant force someone on anyone.no matter hpw lucky you think they might be to have him in their life.......it might just take a little time for them to warm up...what is most important over anything...is that you are happy with himand he si happy with you...that happiness will be evident to yoru friends if its there....let it happen naturally that they accept him.just be happy as you are and he is..or it isnt really real anyway is it......do not force a square peg into a round hole...wait for the right hole for the peg to fit in......when its time he will fit in...and if he doesnt....it shouldnt impact you and him together......if you are truly happy..best wishes...and congrats......deb