Jealous because my girlfriend had sex with my cousin before she met me

• Author

Update: Days ago I (alone) hung out with my cousin (the one who hooked up with my girlfriend in the past), it's been almost a year since we last spoke!

Problem is: Now started to feel more uncomfortable about this again and I'm really thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend because of this. I know she told me a year ago but I'm feeling more worse than the first time she told me! If I break up because of this will she think bad of me? Will she think "Why he didn't break up with me a year ago when I told him for the first time?"

Update: Days ago I (alone) hung out with my cousin (the one who hooked up with my girlfriend in the past), it's been almost a year since we last spoke!

Problem is: Now started to feel more uncomfortable about this again and I'm really thinking about breaking up with my girlfriend because of this. I know she told me a year ago but I'm feeling more worse than the first time she told me! If I break up because of this will she think bad of me? Will she think "Why he didn't break up with me a year ago when I told him for the first time?"

YOU don't actually need to tell her the exact reason you are breaking up with her.

Fishfingersareyummy
YOU don't actually need to tell her the exact reason you are breaking up with her.

Honesty is the best policy.

Honesty is the best policy.

NOT necessarily.

"I broke up with you because you are the most boring person I have ever met. Never had such bad sex in my life.

You are in dire need of a personality transplant, and as for that terrible family of yours, your mother is a witch.

My friends all thought it was a joke when they found out I was seeing you and they were right, what was I thinking?

BTW you feet stink too..."

OR

"It just wasn't working, I think you are a great guy, but I am not the woman you need. I am sure you will find her one day, as you deserve the best..."

Fishfingersareyummy
NOT necessarily.

"I broke up with you because you are the most boring person I have ever met. Never had such bad sex in my life.

You are in dire need of a personality transplant, and as for that terrible family of yours, your mother is a witch.

My friends all thought it was a joke when they found out I was seeing you and they were right, what was I thinking?

BTW you feet stink too..."

OR

"It just wasn't working, I think you are a great guy, but I am not the woman you need. I am sure you will find her one day, as you deserve the best..."

I'd go for the latter as I believe that everyone should know where they stand with each other.

• Author

I think I'm dumb because it feels like I'm afraid she gets upset if I say "I think we should break up because I will never be ok that you hooked up with my cousin in the past!"

Fishfingersareyummy
I think I'm dumb because it feels like I'm afraid she gets upset if I say "I think we should break up because I will never be ok that you hooked up with my cousin in the past!"

That's a perfectly valid reason to break up with your woman.

some things you can get over, some things you can't.

sounds like since I last commented on this thread last June nothing has basically changed.

So what are you waiting for?

Yes she will think less of you regardless if you give her the reason you dump her.

You need to crap or get off the pot. You are going to set yourself up to get bounced out of the relationship.

Contrary to popular belief, people do tend to get sick of their partner or spouse running hot or cold depending on which side of the bed they got up on. One day you are going to wake up and she will be gone if you don't get hold of yourself.